Chapter 17: Storm

"Easy, Archie!" I scold for what feels like the fifth-millionth time as my intrepid two-year-old son attempts to climb the stairs that lead to the treehouse. 

The creak of the wooden door on top of the stairs distracts my motherly duties for a couple of beats, my eyes focusing on the figure standing under the door frame. With his hands tightly tucked inside the front pocket of his jeans, rocking back and forth on his feet in a nervous manner I had come to distinguish perfectly.  A manner I had come to also love dearly because it is an almost childlike behavior, his body unable to hide the anticipation, to contain his excitement. A manner I also discovered in Archie.  He smiles at me knowingly and I can't do much to avoid smiling right back at him. I'm only human after all.

Our moment lasts for only a couple of seconds before I see Archie stumbling in front of me as he tries to rush his steps to reach his dad's arms. In an instinctive movement I like to call 'mommy reflex' I manage to miraculously catch him before he falls.  

"We come in a car, daddy!" Archie exclaims oblivious of his close call while I pick him up and carry him upstairs. My heart still firmly in my mouth.

Harry takes our son in his arms when we finally reach his side, "You did?" he asks him before kissing his cheek. He then brings me close to him with his spare arm and pecks my lips, "Hi," he whispers locking his eyes with mine, his face lighting up. My face warming up in response. 

"The bags are all up here," Roger announces, interruptions becoming a somewhat distinctive feature of this afternoon.

Harry lets go of me and, with Archie still in his arms, approaches Roger, "Thanks a lot, mate," he says while shaking his hand firmly. 

"Thank you for everything, Roger," I say right after with a smile.

"It was my pleasure, I hope you enjoy your stay," he kindly says with a soft nod of his head, "and it was a certain pleasure meeting you, sir," he adds, approaching Archie who smiles coyly and tightens his grip around Harry's neck. I wish he were as shy all the time.

It takes us a while to get settled, Archie's excitement distracting us from the unpacking. This treehouse is the same one we stayed at years ago, the same one we promised to come back to but never did; work, responsibilities, and parenthood ended up getting in the way each time we had the intention of doing so. Being here with our son is a bonus that makes this getaway extra meaningful and I'm glad Harry made him part of this surprise.

It's 7 PM when we finally sit down at the table to have dinner. Archie struggles with a spoon full of mac and cheese - that shakingly travels from his plate to his eager mouth- but he refuses to accept our help. His self-sufficient new persona is the biggest challenge my control-freakiness has ever had to deal with. I suddenly feel Harry's hand on mine, well aware of my tension he gently squeezes it and smiles. My shoulders instinctively sag at the contact reminding me what a great team we make. 

"Do you hear that?" I say, finally walking into the bedroom. Harry raises his head from the pillow and looks at me frowning in confusion, "Yes, it's the silence of a kid that is finally sound asleep," I assure him with a winning smile.

Breathing a laugh relief is evident in his tone as he says, "Finally." 

"Yes, I had to read three times the Peter Rabbit book and once that story about the boy who's potty training, though," I explain before collapsing on the vanity's chair and proceeding to remove my makeup. 

"The potty training one is a solid winner," Harry jokes before standing behind me and softly squeezing my shoulders.

"It is," I groan tilting my head to the right as his fingers work their magic on my stiff neck. " I should take a shower," I lazily say a couple of seconds after.

"Mind if I join you?" He asks, his voice husky and inviting. 

"No," I say in a whisper, staring at his reflection in the mirror, breathing at a normal pace suddenly becoming a challenge.

He leads me to the bathroom and I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the scenery surrounding us, different shades of green blending with the starry sky in the solitude of a perfect night in the woods. At this second it feels as if we were the only two people left in the world.

The shower is easily traded for a bath and Harry is in charge of preparing it - candles and bubbles included- as I slowly get rid of my clothes. His eyes follow the movement of my hands and I enjoy the privilege of putting up a show just for him. The luxury of watching him get aroused just by looking at me.

He makes his clothes disappear almost magically and dips his body into the steamy water before me. The candle lights dance and create shapes around us. I unhook my bra and he licks his lips as I slid each strap down my arms. The new fullness of my breasts makes him catch his breath. His eyes travel from my chest down my ribs and land on the small bump right below my belly button. His eyes light up turning from lust to pure tenderness in a second.

"Come on, I've been waiting for too long," he urges, unexpectedly standing up to help me in. Drops of water wash away the patches of foam from his naked body causing me to let out an unwitting sound, something between a moan and a sigh. Hormones unashamedly playing tricks on me.

He smirks and firmly holds my hand as I step out of my underwear and into the warm water. I find a spot between his legs and decide to rest my body there, my back leaning on his warm and toned chest.

He plants kisses along my cheek and jawline while his hand moves intently over my body before reaching my core. He groans when he discovers the silkiness of my growing wetness and I lose myself with every soft circle the pads of his fingers draw on my most sensitive spot. His spare hand delicately kneading my left breast.

I know he knows I'm close when he groans, "Let me hear you," his length completely hard against my lower back as I finally let go. My body arches and I push my center against his hand wordlessly begging for more.

I'm left shaky and breathless after coming down from my peak but as soon as I'm somewhat recovered I turn around, kneeling in front of him, to return the favor. In one move, I wrap my hand around his shaft.  His eyes narrow looking directly at me before ducking his head to take one of my tight nipples in his mouth, relentlessly suckling at it as he finds his own release; groaning and humming against my breast.

It doesn't take us long to reach the bedroom. I'm straddling him when a flash of lightning brightens the otherwise pitch dark room, a loud sound following right after. We make love a couple of times with the storm in the background before finally collapsing in exhaustion. My head resting on his chest and his arm wrapped around me.

I'm not sure what happened first. If it was a bolt of lightning -once again making the night turn into day for a split second- or if it was my phone lighting up announcing a new message. Maybe it was simultaneous but, either way, it woke me up. I slowly moved, careful not to wake Harry, who only moaned sleepily at the sudden loss of contact with me before falling fast back asleep.

I was not expecting what I saw when I finally managed to grab my phone. It was a message from Alex heatedly demanding explanations, a link to a gossipy tabloid included right below. I was shaking as I tapped my finger on the link because something inside me knew what was coming. In red bold letters the title read:

Exclusive : Harry Styles Cheating On Pregnant Wife Olivia Ferrari