Must Be A Dream

I walked along the forest path, wondering why, of all places, my parents had decided to go to a woodland path. As I walked, taking in the sights and fresh air of the forest, I had a strange feeling that I was being watched. I turned around, and looked about everywhere, but found nothing. I shrugged, thinking that it's nothing more than me not being used to being alone. I then continued walking, realizing after a while that the sun was setting. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time, shocked that it was nine thirty-five. I turned the screen off and pocketed my phone, turning around to see an odd black smoke-like cloud of fog in the distance.

I squinted and blinked for a few moments, thinking that I was seeing things. Then the smell hit me; it was like black licorice mixed with the smell of burning paper and gunpowder. The ground below it seemed to ooze with a black tar-looking substance. Whatever that thing was, it definitely wasn't good. It seemed to be moving my way, and quickly. I had to get away now! Who knew what would happen to me if I got caught up in that thing?! I turned back around and bolted, my anemia slowly catching up with me. My pulse was racing, but I couldn't stop and see what that thing would do to me!!

I had only been running for a few minutes when my vision started blacking out and my body going limp. 'No!! I can't pass out! Not now!!!', I thought, just as I stumbled on a stone that happened to be in the way. 'Great, juuuuust perfect', I thought, gasping for breath and struggling to try and get up. 'I'm done for', were my last thoughts before I felt something odd pick me up off of the trail and enclose me in darkness. I finally passed out and slept for a while. I woke up in a cold sweat, flinging my body into a sitting position. Was it all just a dream? I tried to look around at my surroundings, only to find darkness. I adjusted my skull T-shirt and searched my surroundings with my hands.

'Well, I don't quite think it was a dream (even though I hope it was) because I normally sleep under a blanket and with a nightlight because I don't like the visions my eyes show without one', I reasoned with myself as my hands searched my surroundings. It was a sort of leathery surface and it was lukewarm of temperature. I searched around and found crevices that were in a pattern. My heart hiccuped, this place was almost like a closed hand. I, being confused and scared, started frantically trying to pry this place open by attempting to part one of the crevices. To my surprise, the place opened and I was left staring into two massive, bright orange, pointed-star eyes.

I was awestruck, I mean, when did I ever really think I would ever meet any of my characters? I was also quite frightened (who wouldn't be?) and was very uneasy staring directly into those eyes, so I decided to at least figure out who it was before I stopped staring at those eyes. I mentally counted the amount of points on the pupils,'One... five.. eight. Eight pointed star pupils...' "Kaine?", I said reluctantly, earning a smile on his face. "Bingo, kiddo."