"These kids would land me in some big trouble someday," He said tired. Daadu chuckled seeing an exhausted Colonel. 

"Singh, you think too much. Let them have fun," Daadu said getting up. 

"Madhav changed his mind, He sounded hell mad last night," Colonel inquired. 

Daadu looked at Colonel and chuckled. Poor guy had no idea what politics ran in their house. 

"He is a businessman, Singh. And his daughter isn't bad at it either," Daadu spoke in riddles. Colonel gave up not getting a thing. 

"See you soon," Daadu took his leave. 

______________________

Manik held the pillow near his chest as he stared the wall. It was way past midnight and sleep was nowhere around. Nandini didn't show up today. Manik didn't even know what happened after he was sent back to academy. He didn't know if she was fine or not. He couldn't go out anymore. He couldn't collect the courage this soon. He leaned on big pillow and gazed the dark ceiling. 

His life was turning into Missouri night. It was cold and ruthless. Whenever he thought he could have it all, it would slap him with a mug of cold water.  He didn't know how meeting the person you love could be a felony. He looked at clock. It was 3 in morning. Nandini didn't come. What would have happened that she didn't come. He frowned thinking about it. Sleep weighed his eyelashes down and he gave up. 

It couldn't be an hour when he heard some faint noises. He opened as his eyes instantly and looked around. Faint light of lamp was illuminating the room. 

"Where are you going?" Manik asked in sleepy voice. Harshad was getting ready in his uniform. Even Samit was up. 

"We have an early morning drill," Harshad said coldly. 

"You know not all are privileged," He taunted and Manik got up. 

"Why are you being such a nag?" Manik asked yawning. It was 4 in morning. 

"You aren't the one about to go for an extra drill, Manik," It was Samit this time. Those guys were hell pissed at him for not getting caught that day. They never got to know how he got caught in Murthy mansion by Nandini's dad. Manik shook his head not wanting it to ever come out. 

"Whatever," He murmured and again dived into his bed to have some more sleep. He wasn't much happy with his friends either. It was their stupid plan because of that everything happened that night. 

________________

It was two days since Nandini had seen Manik. She wasn't ever that sincere to comply to any condition so loyally. But then his father was quite watchful recently. His men wandered in college campus. She recognized them. She couldn't understand what that man wanted. He was taking full advantage of her promise of not going to academy for few days. That smug thought that's how people forget each other. 

She walked out of her college to see her mother waiting for her outside. His dad didn't inform how her mother was new bodyguard. 

"What are you doing here?" Nandini asked reaching her mom. 

"We need to buy an outfit for you," Mrs Murthy said dragging Nandini inside the car. Nandini huffed in frustration remembering her promise to behave for dinner with that Renesh Samuel. It was a town event. Mr Mayor had arranged a dinner in honor of Mr Samuel and her father was the sponsor of course. It was for him that Mr Samuel was here in this small town at first place. 

"Don't forget you promised," Her mother reminded her as car halted in front of a big building. It was her mother's designer. She was about to doll her up in one stupid outfit and Nandini couldn't even protest.