5SOS Preference ~ His Girlfriend Doesn't Like You

Luke:

You were sitting on the porch swing at the boys’ LA house that they owned together. There was a party going on to celebrate the EP album. A bonfire was flaming in the middle of the yard. People were scattered around talking to eachother, laughing, cups and bottles in hand. Surprisingly, less than half the people were hammered so far. However, it was only 10:00. You sipped from your cup and let the liquid slide down your throat. Your eyes scanned the yard for your best friend Luke, who forced you to come to this stupid party. You should have known he would ignore you the whole time. That’s all he has done lately since his annoying girlfriend came into the picture. She treated you like shit, but you didn’t tell Luke because he really likes her. You spotted Luke and stood up to walk over to him. His girlfriend, Rosaline, was hanging off his arm. She rolled her eyes when she saw you walking over. Luke grinned at you. The people they were talking to said goodbye and walked away when you walked up. “I’m gonna get going.” You said to Luke. He frowned. “It’s only been an hour, though, Y/N. I really want you here.” he said. You looked away so you wouldn’t give in. “I’m tired.” You said. You looked at Rosaline, who was giving you the dirtiest look ever. “Fine.” he sighed. “Rosaline, will you walk her to her car. I would leave but I’m one of the hosts.” he chuckled. She sighed and nodded. Luke pecked her cheek and pulled you in for a hug. “goodbye.” he whispered. “Bye.” you said, before following behind Rosaline towards the front yard. You sipped from your cup again. You two walked silently until she abrubtly stopped in the middle of the yard. “Before you go,” she began. “I just want to tell you to stay away from Luke. He’s mine now, not yours.” she scoffed. You stayed silent with shock. Did this bitch really just say that? “Um.. what?” you asked. “You heard me.” she said. “Um last I checked, you dont tell me what to do.” you said, challenging her. “Well, last I checked, best friends don’t come before girlfriends.” she said with a laugh. This really set you off. You’d known Luke for years and she thinks she can come steal him. You didn’t know what possessed you, but you threw your cup of beer into her face. She screamed loudly. “You bitch!” she shouted. Before you could process what was happening she pulled you to the ground. She tried to punch you, but she was too weak. You laughed and got on top of her, sending one punch to her face and standing back up. You gasped. Ashton and Luke were a few feet away running towards you. You sighed in relief. “I-“you began, but stopped when Luke kneeled down next to Rosaline. A tear rolled down your cheek and you looked up at Ashton with sad eyes. He gave you a sympathetic look. He knew what Rosaline had been doing to you. Everyone knew but Luke. “What the hell, Y/N!” he yelled helping Rosaline to her feet. “You ruined the party!” he shouted at you. “Luke-” Ashton said, trying to stop him. “No. Just leave, Y/N.” he said, going back to Rosaline’s aid. You let out a shaky breath and turned to begin walking to your car.

Ashton:

You and Ashton were sitting on the couch with the boys watching movies. You were all friends and you haven’t been able to hang out in a while, so you were cherishing this time. You were sandwiched between Ashton and Calum on the couch, watching We’re the Millers. You’d seen it many times but it never failed to make you laugh. There was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it.” you said, getting up from the couch and making your way to the front door. You opened it to reveal Ashton’s girlfriend, Shana. You gave her a snark grin. “Hi.” you said. “Why are you here?” you asked. “I want to see Ash,” she began. “Well he’s kind of busy.” She scoffed and shoved past you, headed to the living room. You slammed the door shut and followed behind her. You went into the living room to see the boys with disgusted looks on their faces. Shana was straddling Ashton, eating his face off. You exchanged looks with the boys, waiting for someone to say something. When nobody did, you spoke up. You walked over and sat right next to them. You tapped her shoulder and she looked over at you. “We’re kind of busy.” you said. She turned to Ashton and pouted. “Ash, can I stay?” He sighed and looked to all of us. “Sure.” he said. We all let out breaths and gave eachother disgusted looks. We all hated her. “Y/N, can you get Shana a drink?” Ashton asked. You looked at him in disbelief. The room went silent as you got up and headed to the kitchen. You would do anything for Ashton. You just couldn’t say no to him. You poured a glass of water with ice in it and headed back to the kitchen. Shana had taken your place on the couch, now. You stood behind them fuming, with the drink in hand. “When is she gonna leave?” Shana scoffed. “I’ll make her leave soon, babe. I know you don’t like her. She’s been getting on my nerves too.” Ashton said. Shana grinned and kissed his cheek. The boys had noticed you by now and gave you surprised looks. You got a sudden ping of anger mixed with sadness and felt tears building up. You swallowed them down and dumped the ice cold water all over Ashton, not Shana. He stood up quickly and looked at you in shock. “I’ll leave now. Don’t want to get on your nerves anymore.” You said, and headed for the door. You ran outside and shut the door behind you, headed to the nearest coffee shop. You never thought your best friend would betray you like that.