"Well you never know." Chris piped in, his arms flailing about. "You know, you gotta try and test the waters. Sometime people have responsibilities. Everyone has kids and you know...?"

Robert turned around and looked at Chris. "Everyone except?"

Chris pointed at himself with both his thumbs "Except this guy." Everyone roared with laughter and Chris sat back. "Well in seven months though."

Two things happened simultaneously.

On stage, Chris' hands flew to his mouth as he realized what he just said. The others took a moment for the meaning behind the words he just said to drop into place.

Scarlett seemed to work it out first, she turned to Chris and mouthed 'what?' The others all jumped up and started hugging him and clapping him on the back.

"Did I just get an exclusive pregnancy announcement?" Jimmy asked.

Chris groaned, but the smile wouldn't come off his face. "Is there a way you can edit this so that my mom backstage won't see it until I tell her in person?"

"Have you really not told anyone until right now?" Jimmy laughed.

Chris shook his head. All the men on stage roared with laughter again and Scarlett scolded him.

Backstage there was dead silence. My mouth dropped open. Everyone's heads just turned to look at me. "Emily?" Lisa said.

I covered my face and nodded. I had all these mixed feelings swirling through me. I was excited they knew. After I nodded a squeal erupted. It was intoxicating. But at the same time the little voice in me screamed 'you are going to miscarry and this time not only will you have to tell your family, you're going to have to tell the whole world'.

Lisa sensed my panic as she often seemed to. Having Chris with his anxiety had made her really attuned to that kind of thing. She put her arm around me and didn't say anything as everyone else congratulated me.

It made it worse. Nausea took hold and I jumped to my feet and rushed to the bathroom, emptying my stomach into the toilet.

When I came out of the stall Lisa was waiting for me. "Why haven't you told us?" She asked, trying very hard to mask the hurt in her voice.

"I'm scared something's going to happen, and I can't deal with the excitement when I feel sure it's just going to end with grief again." I explained, as I splashed water on my face.

When I turned to her she hugged me tightly against her. "Don't deny yourself the excitement, honey. You deserve it."

I squeezed my eyes closed. "Can we do this later. I can't cry now." I pleaded.

"Of course, Emily. Whatever you need." She soothed.

I splashed my face again and quickly refreshed my makeup. I stood staring at the bathroom door and took a deep breath. Lisa rubbed my back. "It will be fine. People are happy for you. If the worst happens again, we'll all be there for you."

I nodded and opened the door.

Chris was charging down the hallway looking frantic. He saw me and held his hands up as he rushed towards me. "Don't be mad. Don't be mad." He pleaded.

"Chris, you fuckin' idiot!" I yelped.

"I know! I know!" He wrapped his arms around me. "Please don't be angry. It was an accident."

I squeezed him around the middle. "It's fine. Not ideal. Fuck, Chris... if something goes wrong you're going to have to make a statement."

"I know. I know. Let's try not to think about that though, babe. The only statement we're making is one saying their name and birth weight." He said, softly. "I gotta get back out there for the next segment. Please say you're not mad."