Chapter 1

Summer break was over and that was when I first met him.

"Guys, you have a new classmate. Please introduce yourself," said our homeroom teacher with a boy standing beside her.

"My name is Sano Han," he introduced as told and as short as he seemed to plan. Whispers were all over the class when his name exposed his origin.

"Alright guys, quiet down. Sano, go to the empty seat there," our homeroom teacher was definitely pointing at me but she was referring to the empty seat behind me.

"Have fun spending the rest of the months with a barbarian tribe's descendant," the guy in front of me, Roku turned around and teased.

"Shut up," I told him emotionlessly. Roku turned around as soon as he felt the silence around him. Sano was walking to his seat and all eyes were on him. Despite the fact of his doubtful dangerous background, he was good looking. He was about six foot and his hair was tidily brushed and gelled. He was remarkably smart but when our eyes met, it reminded me that he was from the most dangerous generation in the area.

Han's generation was the brutal generation in history. Han ruled many areas in the early 15th century for decade by force and violent. They threatened the poor for fortune and killed for those who disobeyed. Many illegal businesses and trades were carried out by the Han during that time, the worst era of the country. However, Han's golden era ended when the new prime minister was appointed and he successfully seized the heart of the generation, Yi Han, the most powerful and rightful leader of that time. Nevertheless, part of the society still believed that some Han escaped during the seizure and were still living among them even though, the prime minister had been constantly reassuring the citizen regarding the completely execution of the brutal Hans. However, Hans' newborns were exceptional after the majority of the society made up a choice and that was why most Hans were orphan now. Sano Han is one of them.

The class went pretty normal until Roku was caught passing paper message with the gray-eyes guy sitting next to him, Weron and they were caught. The homeroom teacher read out the messages to the class. It seemed like Weron, the hottest guy in school had a crush on a girl and was trying to hook her up. Instantly, I heard lots of heart shattering from the girls in the class. I silently pretended to look at the girl beside me but I took a glance at the new guy. The first thing I noticed was the long scar along his forearm. Though, he was reading his own book, ignoring the class. The book was about half A4-size and about 200 pages. The cover was paint in dark navy and nothing else. As the doorbell rang, he closed his book and I turned around casually just to prevent any suspicion. When I turned around, Roku was already staring at me. "What caught our Tyah's attention huh?" whatever came out from him always seemed to be drastically sarcastic. I stood up instantly and walked out of the class for my next lesson in the music block.

"Hey, wait for me! Come on, Weron," Roku pulled Weron out of the girls' crowd that was questioning about Weron's new target. They caught up with me and we walked side by side.

"Man, why did you throw that paper?" Weron frowned and blamed the mess on Roku.

"What? I didn't know she was just right beside me," Roku explained.

"Whose that girl anyway?" I asked him out of the blue.

"Oh, you wanna know, Tyah?" He asked me while he shifted to stop me from walking.

"Don't force me to cancel out your name from the recital, Roku," I threatened him with the Grand Recital he had been waiting for.

"Oh, that's really threatening," he backed off and surrendered to me. I gave him an unwilling smile and looked back at Weron," So whose the girl?" Weron's and my family were the only Yang's generation left. We didn't know much about our ancestors compared to Han's. Han had strongly effected the country's laws and politics and that was why it was widely known to the society. It even appeared in some history reference books. In fact, that was why people normally isolate the Han, in the fear of their past.