"Promise me that whatever the outcome of this is, that we'll spend the rest of our lives together. Whether it be in Avengers HQ or in a prison—" Her voice was weak and quiet as she tried to keep her grip on her emotions, realizing that she had already lost control.

"I promise you." Steve locked eyes with Caroline's teary ones,  "That we'll spend the rest of our lives together. Not behind bars but in our home."

"I love you so much, Steve." Her voice falters as she hiccuped slightly, the tears now flowing silently down her face. "That whatever happens—"

"That you're going to make it to the end, and you're going to walk down the aisle, and marry the man of your dreams." Steve speaks slowly and quietly. "And I'm going to marry the love of my life."

Caroline felt a small knot form in her stomach as she thought about his words. She wanted that to be reality, that it was plain and simple to get to that goal. But she knew that getting there would be just as difficult as anything she had been through before.

"I love you." She spoke quietly with Steve responding with a kiss on her lips. His hands held her waist as she tiptoed to his mouth, and her hands crawled around to his neck. Almost all together, she wish that they could've stayed like that forever. To not continue with what was underway, to just stay in the arms of her true love.

"Hey Cap!" Sam yells down the hall, causing both of their attention to snap towards the small room. Steve moves forward, walking alongside Caroline slowly as they heads towards Sam.

Steve stops suddenly, turning slowly to face Caroline once more, "I love you." She nodded her head and pressed one more kiss to his lips, before they turned towards the room again, jogging forward.
Once they got into the room, both approached with slowness and stood between Kiara and Sam.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"
Steve asked with caution as his steps faltered hearing Bucky's voice in response, "Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." 

Caroline's shoulder's relaxed at the sound of Bucky's quiet chuckle. She felt a hand slip into hers and squeeze it tightly, and knowing it was Kiara's hand. It was the sight of Bucky not in Winter Soldier mode, the one that they had been friends with all those years ago.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve laughed softly, the ghost of a smile relaxing across his face at Caroline and Kiara.

Sam however, remained tense, defensive, and skeptically, "Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

Bucky sat up slightly, wincing at the restriction of his arm as he looked around the room, eyes falling to the two blonde sisters. He quickly asked in a panic, "Are you guys alright? Did I hurt you?"

Kiara gave Caroline a look before she proceeded to answer his question, "Nothing that we couldn't handle." She spoke softly as he gently reached out for Kiara with his unrestrained hand.

Caroline, although tense, realizes her sister's hand as she moved forward, trusting Bucky once again as she sank to her knees beside him. Allowing his fingers to slide gently into Kiara's blonde hair as he pulls her close to him, taking a deep breath as his grip tenses protectively around her. Hesitantly at first, but now she fully wrapped her arms around him. Burrowing into his shoulder, a sob ready to escape from her throat, feeling safe in the comfort of his arms.