I honestly do not have any energy to get up and go to school. It's been hell without Annabeth and ever since I came back from camp, people have been staring and talking to me, which was weird when I was literally a nobody in school before. Guys from varsities have been asking me to go to their tryouts, girls have been asking if I had a girlfriend and everything doesn't make sense. 

"Percy! Breakfast's getting cold and you're going to be late. Get your butt down here already!" My mom yells from the kitchen and I scramble for the bathroom to get ready for hell - I mean school. 

ANNABETH'S POV

I was stretching on my bed when Malcolm came in bursting from the doors of our cabin, "Chiron needs to talk to you, at the Big House, NOW." 

What is this about now? I ask myself. I got up from my bed and did my morning routine before heading out to the Big House. I bump into Thalia and Nico while walking to my destination, which was also theirs since they were summoned as well.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" I ask Thalia, looking over her as she eats her PB&J sandwich. 

She points at herself and shakes her head to answer me, "Not a clue, Nico came running to me at the cafeteria and told me the news. I wasn't even able to finish my breakfast!" She says, glaring at the direction of the Big House. 

"Nico?" I ask facing him, "Did Chiron tell you what was going on?"

"Uh, not really. I was just told to call Thalia while I was reading inside the cabin and I just got to it." He replied with a shrug.

I bend my head to the side thinking of reasons on why Chiron had to summon us this early in the morning. "He probably needs some people to clean the Big House that's why he summoned us", Nico jokes and Thalia only rolls her eyes. 

"Stop, I don't even want to think about that", she says. 

We enter the room where Jason, Piper, Will, and Grover were there. This made me even more confused. Why were we gathered here? Were we in trouble? 

Before I could ask Jason and Piper, Chiron enters the room with a bunch of pamphlets in his hand, "Children, settle down, I have some good news for you." 

We all stood in front of him with the same confused look on our faces. "What exactly is this good news Chiron?" Thalia asked wiping her hands from the PB&J she just finished eating. 

Chiron clears his throat, 

Great why is this making me nervous?  I thought to myself. 

"The gods have planned to select a few demigods to go to school for a year. Obviously, since you're all standing here inside this room, the seven of you are the lucky ones." He announces as he looks at us, scanning our reaction to the news.

 He continues, "The school year will be your Senior Year as you are all in that age range. The gods have provided the place where each one of you will be staying and all the other things you will be needing for school". 

"Wait, but what school exactly are we attending?" I ask, pausing Chiron and the small smile he hides doesn't go unnoticed by me. 

"Well, the gods thought that it would be better to enroll you to Percy's current high school. Goode." He answers and we all yell in unison, 

"What?!" 

I'm confused and surprised. Is this really happening? I'll be going to school? With my friends? With Percy? This can't be real. Am I still dreaming?

"Okay children, before you can react on this or say anything about the gods I want you to know that they wanted to do this so that you would have a chance to have a normal teenage life somehow, meet new people, have new friends, learn stuff at school that you don't learn here at camp and graduate from a normal school" Chiron clarifies with his arms crossed. 

He hands our the booklets he was holding and continues on with the news, "Also, do not worry about problems like the monsters since the gods have graciously provided you a monster barrier in the whole school as well as at the place you will be staying at. You may also opt to visit the camp during the weekends."

"Are you sure this isn't some sick joke that the gods planned Chiron? I'm having a hard time believing all these." Jason suspects as he reads the pamphlet about Goode. 

Chiron only shakes his head, "I know you are all skeptical about this but the gods genuinely wanted to do this for you. So I suggest you start on packing! You leave tomorrow morning so you can have enough time to say your temporary good byes." Chiron gives us a reassuring smile and leaves.  

"Don't worry guys, we might have a shot on this. We would have parties meet new friends and stuff like that, right?" Grover tells us, trying to uplift everyone who were having second thoughts.

I was having butterflies inside my stomach, I was so excited but so nervous about this whole thing and I can't believe I'll be able to see Percy so soon! I was beaming inside. 

"Hey maybe Grover's right, you know we could have a normal life? We should just take the opportunity since it's only for a year", I said holding onto Thalia's shoulder. 

Jason and Piper exchanged looks, "Mhm, says the girl who'll finally see her boyfriend?" Piper teases and I only gave her a shy smile. 

"I mean, of course I'm so excited about that! But in all honesty, let's try and give this a shot. A year of normalcy? What could go wrong?" We all look at each other and nod. Deciding that this will hopefully be a year filled with good and happy things, no drama - just us having the time of our lives. 

With that, we come out of the Big House for the last time and pack our things to get ready for another adventure in the mortal world.

--------------------

Made it less cheesy and more realistic, I hope? A bit more longer as well. 

Have a great day everyone!