Aiden's question caught Nick by surprise and he let his hand fall. Before he could answer Aiden was talking again, "Does it mean you really are that kind of man and didn't mind so much waking up with me?" Aiden quickly looked away from him and down at the floor, "Or does it just mean you didn't want to go out in the rain and get wet?"

Nick shook his head and laid his hand over Aiden's on the bed, "The rain never has bothered me none."

Aiden looked at their hands for several moments and then turned his gaze up to Nick and smiled so big and bright that if not for the rain still pounding on the roof, Nick would have believed the sun had popped out from behind the clouds.

"Okay," Aiden mumbled, blushing even more before shoving a bite of eggs in his mouth. They finished their breakfast in silence and then Aiden stood and walked to the window.

Nick watched him, wondering what was going through his mind. "I always hated storms," Aiden said quietly as thunder rumbled in the distance. "My family was once stuck out in a storm and nearly got swept off by a twister when I was ten."

Nick rose up and walked to the window. He stood awkwardly behind Aiden for a moment and then slid his arms around the other man's waist. His movements were stiff at first. It had been a long while since Nick had shown affection and he was a bit rusty. Aiden let out a little moan at his touch and leaned back against him. Nick felt himself relax then as he rested his chin on Aiden's shoulder.

"You miss your family?"

"Yeah," Aiden replied quietly.

"How'd they die?" Nick asked, remembering their conversation from the bar the night before.

Aiden stiffened a little, "They aren't dead."

"I thought you said they were, of course my memory from last night is a little rusty."

"They might as well be dead," Aiden admitted as he wrapped his arms around Nick's on his waist. "My father started pushing me to get married when I turned twenty-four. He's big in the government back home and wanted me to settle down and give him grandchildren because that would help his re-election image," Aiden paused and Nick hugged him a little tighter because he could already guess where this was going. "I thought if I told my parents the truth they would understand or at least accept it.... I was wrong. My father told me to leave and made it clear he no longer had a son."

"I'm sorry that happened to you," Nick offered. He didn't like the sadness he could hear in Aiden's voice. It tugged at his heart which was waking up again after years of hibernation, "Maybe they'll come around?"

"No, but thanks for saying so," Aiden sighed. Nick didn't want Aiden to be sad or troubled. He wanted to take his mind away from his family but he didn't know what to say to do so. Aiden turned his head slightly and his lips were nearly brushing Nick's jaw, "They both made it pretty clear that they would have no abomination in their family."

"You're no abomination," Nick argued quickly, his temper spiking.

Aiden shrugged and looked out the window once more, "Sure I am. The things I want are wrong."

Nick shook his head and pressed his lips against Aiden's neck. Aiden's entire body stiffened before tremors washed over his body. "This isn't wrong, Aiden." Nick vowed, his breath washing over Aiden's heated skin, "Do you want this?"

Aiden nodded, "Yes."

Nick felt his heart kick up as he set his sights on devouring the soft flesh of Aiden's neck. Aiden clung to his arms and Nick took a wider legged stance and supported the man's weight as his legs gave out and he fell back against him.