Chapter 1

I wasn't a good brother.

I'm a useless brother, no matter what I did.

How could I just leave her there, when she was dying.

How come I didn't let her be with the person she loved?

"Sougo wake up," the v-shaped hair officer called, lighting up a cigarette following it by putting it between his lips. Years after his sister's death, he was still gloomy and acted like a sadist he believed he was.

"Hijikata-san, I'll kill you," the sandy-haired boy said in a monotone voice, wearing his trademark sleeping mask, getting up from the ground.

"How could you fall asleep for eighteen hours!?" the mayonnaise-loving freak scoffed, exhaling smoke.

"Easy, by counting your corpses. One... by... one," the boy smirked.

"Y-you sadistic freak!" Hijikata cried.

"Toshi! Sougo!" a gorilla-like man called, stepping in the room with a huge grin on his face.

"I... met such a beautiful lady!" he cried, with tears rolling down his cheeks, making Sougo roll his eyes.

"Gorilla on gorilla action? Not the best picture, but good for you," Sougo yawned, falling back to sleep.

"No! She's the opposite of a gorilla! She told me to go to this address... to get help," Kondo chuckled nervously, which turned into an awkward chuckled as more words came out of his mouth.

"To get help?" Hijikata asked, throwing his cigar on the ground, then stepping on the cancer stick. "You sure she doesn't think you were a pedo?" Okita asked, laying down on the ground with his arms behind his head, acting as a pillow.

"No! 'Course not! She said it with a smile!" Kondo blushed. "A sadist?" Hijikata laughed.

"A-anyways! I want you two to go with me!" Kondo cried, crossing his arms. "Huh? Why do we gotta go with a gorilla to help him get to his gorilla woman?" Sougo groaned, as Kondo passed a small piece of paper to the sadistic officer. "Yorozuya?" Okita squinted, after taking off the mask from his eyes.

"Fine fine, we'll go with you if you stop whining," Hijikata sighed, taking Sougo by the collar of his uniform, lifting him up from the ground. "Sougo, I don't feel like accompanying a gorilla, so come with me."

"Lame."

Is this how Aneue felt about the dog-food lover?

"Kondo... y'know she might be toying with you," Hijikata sighed, throwing away a container of mayonnaise. "Well, maybe they can help me get to her!" the gorilla grinned, determined to get help from Yorozuya.

Finally spotting Yorozuya Gin-chan.

"I-Isn't this a bit shady?" Hijikata stammered. "N-no! If my lady sent me here, I-I'll trust this place!" the smiling gorilla-man said, with tears of determination spilling through his eyes. Then suddenly, they heard the screams of a young girl, triggering the three of them to pull out their swords.

"GIN-CHAAAAN!!!!"

"I said to pay the rent with yen!! Not monopoly money, you brat!" an old lady cried trying to run after a vermillion-haired girl with hairbuns, accidentally running into Sougo, making the two of them to tumble on the ground.

"Eh? Sorry!" the girl panted, trying to help him up, but as her blue eyes met with his brown-red ones, the sandy-haired officer froze.