//i dont want to be your friend, i want to kiss your neck//

My eyes opened quickly, the sun coming through the blinds was far too bright. I had no idea what time it was, or even what had woken me up. My eyes closed again briefly, before shooting back open when I heard someone pounding on my front door.

I brought my hands to my face, wiping the sleep from my eyes as I got up and walked towards the front door, the one I had previously locked the night before. Looking through the peep hole, I saw a frantic looking George.

"Have you talked to Matty?" He said as I opened the door and he walked into 102.

"No, why?" Closing the door behind him, I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Because he's gone, just fucking vanished. He wont answer my calls."

I tried to ignore my mind, which was automatically reminded me of the last time nobody could get a hold of Matty, and just exactly what that meant. Him ignoring George didn't have to mean something bad was happening... hopefully.

I grabbed my phone, that was still sitting on my coffee table where I put it the night before. As I unlocked the screen I saw that George had called me a few times, but that Matty had also called me a lot. I scrolled through all the missed texts from him from both last night and this morning.

Nova please answer me...

I don't know what I did but I'm sorry

Is everything okay?

FUCK atleast tell me what I did.

You're doors locked....

NOVA

N

O

V

A

Fuck it, fine.

The last one was from 10 this morning, which was an unheard of hour for him to be awake, which meant he has been up all night. Trying to still not panic, I looked up at George.

"Did he say anything last night?"

"I was asleep when he got in, he was gone when I woke up."

I hit his name on my phone and pressed 'send', placing it by my ear and silently praying to hear his voice on the other end.

'Soz mate, I'm not--'

"Fuck." I hung up the phone and threw it back onto my coffee table and lit a cigarette.

George copied me, lighting a cigarette of his own and sitting next to me on the couch.

"So what do we do?" I asked, breaking the silence between us.

"I have no fucking idea. I know the general area he goes to to buy drugs, but I don't know anybody he goes to specifically."

I snubbed out my cigarette and stood up. "Let me get changed and well go look for him."

I ran to my room, pulling on a pair of black ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and pulled a black zip-up hoodie around my shoulders before slipping my feet into my black Doc Martins. My feet carried me back out to my living room and I put my cigarettes and cell phone in my pockets before heading out the door with George.

//

George and I had split up to cover more ground. A few more phone calls had been made, all to no avail as I was starting to seriously despise Matty's fucking voicemail message.