Chapter 2

Click Click. Click. I tapped my pencil on the table, gazing at the clock as I waited for it to get to the six but sadly, it was still at the eleven. I still had thirty- five minutes in detention and thirty-five minutes to keep worrying about Emma.

            I remembered when I called my dad; I had to go in the closet so the others could not hear his screams. I shook my dead, clearing out the thought and looked at the clock, seeing it had not even moved and groaned. I heard someone chuckle and I looked back, seeing Doug and Blake playing checkers as Claire and Rosa were bickering about something.

            I looked at the desk, finding no teacher. “How?” I screamed, pointing at the empty desk.

            “She left five minutes into it,” Doug said and I groaned, banging my head on the desk.

            “Oh so the teacher gets to leaves,” I mumbled to myself, standing up and ran to the cabinet.

            “What are you doing?” Doug questioned, abandoning his game and walked over to me as I snatched a huge chunk of chocolate. I grinned, closing the cabinet door. “How did you get that?”

            “It’s a cooking class—

            I stopped myself, scurrying away and sat down at my seat. I was not supposed to talk to them. “Come on, talk to us,” Doug whined, sitting next to me as I restrained myself from responding to him and just took a bite out of my chocolate. I moaned as it melted in my mouth.

            I put in my mouth, about to take another bite as it was ripped out of my mouth and my hands. I looked over, seeing Doug holding the chocolate out of my reach and I just looked down, not wanting to play with them.

            “Oh come on have a little fun,” Doug whined, I shook my head as the teacher walked in, and I froze.

            “What is going on in here?” the teacher screamed and I flinched as the others groaned.

            “All of you one more week of detention now be quiet and give me that,” she screamed, snatching the chocolate away from Doug, scowling at him before throwing the chocolate away and sat down on her desk.

            I hid my head on my hands as tears started to fall. I could not afford any more detention, not when it puts Emma’s life on the line. “What’s wrong?” Doug whispered and I twisted my head, farther away from him so he could not see me crying. “Both of you detention for three weeks,” the teacher shrieked.

            “They didn’t do anything,” Claire and Blake screamed.

            “Okay, then all of you has three weeks,” she growled.

            “I can’t,” I yelled, looking at her as she looked at me in shock. I was usually the quiet one and the girl who did everything she was asked.