22. Chased

"scared? good. we don't grow when we stay inside our comfort zone."

-

We landed again hours later when the sun was beginning to set. It was a nice little campsite by a river.

"Hey! You guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft," Toph commented as soon as she got off of Appa.

"That's not grass. Appa's shedding," Sokka informed, somewhat displeased.

"Oh, gross," Katara raised a foot from the fur. I glanced at my feet, which were covered in fur and made a disgusted face.

"That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat," Aang said as a bluebird sat on his head.

"Ah, the beauty of spring," I said sarcastically, raising my foot and trying to shake the fur off.

Appa then sneezed and the fur flew everywhere. "Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" Katara yelped and waved around with her arms. She coughed, continuing waving her arms.

Sokka bended over. "It's not that bad," he said and turned around to reveal himself wearing a wig made of Appa's fur, done up in a towering beehive. "It makes a great wig!"

"And a great beard!" Aang got on a beard made of the fur and he and Sokka laughed.

"I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you two are disgusting," I commented as I wiped the fur off of my clothes.

Toph came from behind me then. "Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" she said and raised her arms to reveal Appa's hair sticking out from under her arms.

The three laugh and Aang sneezed, sending himself flying into Appa. He landed on the ground and kept laughing, making me chuckle.

We went to sleep that night only to wake up a little later by Toph was was running around. "There's something coming toward us!" she yelled.

"What is it?" Aang asked groggily.

Toph pressed her hand to the earth. "It feels like an avalanche, but also not an avalanche."

"Your powers of perception are frightening," Sokka said sarcastically.

"Should we leave?" Katara asked.

I shrugged. "Better safe than sorry."

We packed up and got into the air within minutes. As we began flying we could see something behind the trees, something coming towards us. Something that spat loads of smoke into the air. Something that looked suspiciously like it might be from the Fire Nation.

I quickly fell asleep on top of Appa, wanting nothing more than to just have a calm night. When we landed again I didn't even wanna get up. I rolled of Appa and hit the ground hard. I sighed when Katara gave me something that might be a sleeping-bag.

"Ah, land sweet land!" Toph landed on the ground. "See you guys in the morning."

"Actually, can you help us unload?" Katara asked her.

"Really? You need me to help unload Sokka's funky-smelling sleeping bag?" she asked, disgusted.

"Well, yeah. That and everything else. You're a part of our team now, and -" Katara was interrupted.

"Look! I didn't ask you to help unload my stuff!" Toph said and began walking away. "I'm carrying my own weight."

"That's not the point," Katara fumed as she approached Toph. "Ever since you joined us, you've been nothing but selfish and unhelpful!"