Coming Home

*Picture above is how Josh looks during this section of the story excuse me for interrupting the beginning*

Columbus, Ohio.

A home to many, a hometown to few.

Joshua Dun, one of those few, soared along the freeway, windows down with his radio thumping loudly, a familiar pop track he had heard what felt like a million times before.

It was always the same music, he thought, but he tapped his foot nonetheless, the catchy rhythm and hard hitting bass made Josh reach for the volume knob, twisting it a bit to turn it up.

He'd always loved music, even considered taken it in college those many years ago, but the fear of failure and it success scared him, he wouldn't have known what to do with either.

Instead, he had opted for a business and a managerial course, Josh became a semi-successful businessman, one of those snotty cigar-smoking suit-wearing ones, running his own music stores across the L.A. district, and even a record company he lovingly named "DunWithYou Records".

The only difference between Josh and the other suits he worked with, was Josh was kind, and talented.

As he tapped his fingers along the leather of the steering wheel, with his plain brown hair blown back by high speeds as he hums along to himself, Josh think for the future, thinks upon the journey he was currently taking to visit the quaint little town of Columbus.

Why was he heading home, he asks, well it was simple, he replies, he was headed to a business meeting with other suits, those ones before mentioned with their cigars and round bellies, their snotty faces and judgemental ways, yeah, those guys, Josh was to meet with at leafy a dozen of them.

A small shiver slides down the centre of his spine, all those suits were much more experienced than Josh, but Josh was much further along than they were at his age, and he knew they all resented him for this;

And it was this reason that Josh was anxious to pitch his idea for a recording studio to be built in Columbus, DunWithYou records had been expanding more and more so every month, he already owned at least three record shops in nearly all fifty one states, and he did in fact own recording studios in every state.

This was why he was so frowned upon, Josh knew they were all jealous, severely and blatantly jealous, but that didn't stop Josh from trying, but it did stop Josh from wanting to, after all, those suits, with their round bellies, slicked hair, and jealous attitudes were the reason Josh's business was even a thing.

If they said no, to anything Josh had pitched then Josh couldn't proceed, he was lucky to meet all the good ones back in L.A., but he knew the business men in Ohio.

Sunlight peeks over the city as he smoothly glides through all the bends and twists in the side of the mountain, the aforementioned plain brown hair atop his head, the same hair that blew back violently in the rushing wind, and that said sunlight bounces off of a vibrant caramel blonde, years of abusing killing his follicles with bleach and hair dye still catching up on him.

The tips had been stained with his last colour, even though Josh could've sworn he'd let his hair grow out properly and regain health, a few strips of yellow peek through as he glances in the rear view mirror.

He grimaces at this, adjusting the mirror away from himself.

He remembers the first time he had walked into one of these very same meetings, his portfolio as thick as two bricks tucked under his arm, the looks he got, the comments he received.