Chapter Thirty

"Apollo what are you doing here?" I asked pulling him up from the club's floor. Just as Ares and I were about to leave. Ares suddenly groaned placing his hands over his head. His eyes flashed a bright white . I was about to ask him what was wrong. When he grabbed my arm and led us to Apollo. 

"Brother you found me" Apollo said jumping into Ares' arms. Wait is he drunk? Wasn't he suppose to be the one helping me find Ares? "Alex I found him," Apollo said pressing his hands against Ares cheeks. "I thought you would ignore my call"

"I already told you to stop touching me" Ares growled pushing Apollo off of him and back onto the ground.

"Why do the people we love the most push us away?" Apollo said sighing dramatically his eyes fouced on the ceiling. Is he just going to stay laying on the floor?

"You said  that you were being attacked" Ares said clenching his jaw. I look back at them confused. I don't remember Apollo saying that. A small smile appears on my face. He came just to make sure his brother was safe.

"I was being attacked" Apollo paused before jumping up and smiling. "Sike" he yelled.

"Apollo, what's wrong?" I asked him. He has been acting strange. It seems like he is the one who hides his feelings with a smile. Which causes me to worry because sometimes the happiest people are the saddest.

"Alex I'm great" He gives me a cheeky smile while he gently pats my shoulder. I stiffen hearing Ares clear his throat.

"Looks like you all found each other" Dionysus said walking up to us. His blond hair seems to be a little disheveled.

"Apollo you seem a little off" Dionysus said while rasing his hand up and snapping his fingers. Just as he did that a glass of... Is that wine? Appeared in his hand. What the heck? I looked around us waiting for someone to be as shocked as me. But it seemed like no one saw. "Have a drink" He smiled at Apollo placing the drink in his hands.

"I think he's had enough" Ares said grabbing the glass from Apollo giving it back to Dionysus. A small smile appears on my face as I look at Ares. His blue eyes meet mine. As I resist the urge to hug him. I wish someday Ares will realize how lucky he is to have all this family around him.

"Oh Ares, way to be a buzz kill" Dionysus raised  the cup to his lips. But he stops as he looks ahead of us almost dropping the cup. "Who forgot to order more beer?" He yelled pushing past us a heading towards the almost empty bar. "Do idiots work for me?" 

"I don't deserve a soulmate" Apollo said numbly looking straight ahead. 

"Why do you think that Apollo?" I asked. Of course Apollo deserves a soulmate. Everyone does. But especially him. 

"I'm not as good as you think I am Alex" He shakes his head glaring down at his shoes. "I wish I was as good as you think I am" 

"That's enough Apollo" Ares said softly. My eyes widen. This is the nicest Ares has ever sounded. 

"Come on" I motion to Ares. I gently grab Apollo by the shoulder pulling him up. "He needs to rest"

"No My dad can't see me like this" Apollo whined stomping his feet.

"Well you shouldn't have gotten fücken drunk huh?" Ares stated his face blank. Okay mean Ares is back. 

"He can stay with me" I said before I could even stop myself.  Ares eyes move to me his eyebrow raised.

"Okay Lead the way Alex" Ares said motioning ahead of us. What did I just do?

--------////////////////////////
"Apollo" I screamed as my face came into contact with the pillow he just threw.

"Alex" He screamed back sticking his tongue out. He has been trying to start a pillow fight for a whole hour. While Ares had been sitting down in the kitchen looking at us. Yeah thanks for the help buddy.

"Alex I'm not tired" Apollo jumped into the couch but then quickly falls onto the floor. How many times is he going to do that?

"Ares could you help me out?" I said as a smirk appeared on his face.

"You sure you want my help?" He said a dangerous glint in his eye. What the heck?

"Never mind" I said quickly throwing my hands up. I'm to scared to think about what his help meant. 

"Apollo are you sure you're fine?"

"I don't want a soulmate" Apollo said his face going blank.

"What do you mean?"

"Alex I'm hungry" Apollo said throwing himself on to the couch. Completely changing the the subject. What does he mean? The whole point of a soulmate is to bring out the best in you right?  "Alex feed me" I sighed looking towards the kitchen. I'm really not the best at going shopping. My cart always ends up with bags of chips in it. I would offer Apollo some but I already ate them all.

"Hold on Apollo" I mumbled sitting beside him on the couch. I feel my eyes start to go heavy. To be fair it's already like 2 o'clock in the morning. Way past my bed time. My heart stops as I feel a pair of arms pick me up. I open my eyes slightly seeing Ares face. I smile at him placing my hand against his cheek. He looks at me a small smile on his face.

"Ares" I mumbled as he opened the door to my room.

"Alex?"

"Don't leave me again or else I'm gonna have to kill you" I mumbled as he placed me onto the bed.

"Never again Alex" I nodded closing my eyes.

"Can you stay here?" I paused nervously waiting for his answer but felt relief as his  arms wrap around me.  That's when a plan popped into my mind.

Ladies and gentleman I have a goal and that goal is to help Apollo realize he deserves love.