Chapter Three- I'm Not Embarassable

I can't believe it's my last weekend at home. I'll officially be moving into my apartment with Jake and Russ on Monday. I'm more than excited and apparently, so is my mom and dad. Most parents would be sad to see their youngest child go off to college, but my parents are ready to have the house to themselves. I guess I can't blame them. They've spent the last twenty-one years raising children.

I'm completely packed and ready to go, and since Russ arrived yesterday, we've decided to spend the rest of the weekend at the beach. Once classes start, we won't have lots of free time, so we're spending what we have left wisely.

I'm waiting for Russ to get out of the shower so we can finally leave. Why he needs to shower before going to spend the day sweating it out on the beach, I don't know. He's always been so concerned with his looks, so it's not surprising.

The bathroom door opens and Russ walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist. His wet hair falls into his blue eyes and his bronze skin glistens. Any other girl would be swooning, but I want to karate chop his throat for taking so long.

"It's about time!"

"Hey, I'm trying to keep up my Armani good looks," he smirks.

"More like Liberachi."

He narrows his eyes at me. "Hey, I can't help it if both men and women find me attractive."

"Whatever, Fabio. Just hurry up. I'll be in the car."

I start down the stairs with Russ running after me. "Wait! My swimming trunks are-"

"Oh there you two are," mom says, stopping at the bottom of the staircase and preventing me from leaving. "Mia, I need a favor."

I roll my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. Don't you know they'll get-"

"Stuck that way. Yes, mother. I know," I interrupt. "What's the favor?"

"I need the two of you to go to the Libel-Masterson wedding today," she says, clasping her hands together as if she's ready to beg.

"Mom!" I whine, "we were going to the beach!"

"I know and I'm sorry! But something came up and I can't make it. I need you there just for the reception. It will only be a couple of hours, honey, I promise."

"Wait, why do I have to go?" Russ asks.

"Because if Mia's giving up her Saturday, so are you," mom replies.

I want to scream, cry and pitch a fit, but instead, I settle for stomping my foot like a five year old. "This is so unfair. Now I have to get dressed up and spend my day sneezing because I'm allergic to flowers!"

"Don't be so upset, Mia," Russ says, following me into my room. "Weddings aren't so bad. Maybe there will be some hot bridesmaids there."

I give Russ a bored look. "Why would I care about hot bridesmaids?"

"Oh, I'm sure you don't. But I do," he winks. "Look on the bright side. If a guy hits on you, Ryder won't be around to break his jaw."

He's got a point. This could be my first of many chances to talk to a guy without my brother breathing down my neck. I guess I'll have to make the best of it. My mom rarely asks me to break plans. She's always bent over backwards for me to have the best life, the least I can do is this one little favor for her.

I shower, do my make up and style my hair in large, loose curls. I have a beautiful light pink dress that I've been dying to wear, but I haven't had a reason to lately. I slide it on and check out my reflection in my full length mirror. It fits me perfectly, showing off my curves and making my boobs look fuller than they actually are.