i looked around at everyone else's drinks and noticed that they'd only had around one or two beers, yet jack somehow managed to consume much more. he wasn't completely drunk, but i could tell that he was on the verge.

"good" crystal responded. "why don't we start with you then?"

"me?".

"you've been down all night, so this might cheer you up" she stroked jack's arm.

johnson, sam and the other guys cheered and patted his back to congratulate him like he had just hit the jackpot.

"okay, so gilinsky up first" connor announced, leaning forward to grab an empty beer. "let's spin the bottle".

we all focused our eyes on the bottle spinning and spinning on the table until it finally stopped and happened to point directly at kelsey.

"what?! no, fuck that" sam immediately disagreed. "spin again".

"dude. it's a game" johnson laughed.

"calm down, sam. it's not like i'm your girlfriend and i wasn't going to join in on this stupid game any ways" kelsey explained. "i never said i was playing".

"really? so maybe i should just take over then" crystal volunteered. "you know, have your turn".

she looked directly at me once those words left her mouth, knowing very well what she was doing and that it would irk me in some way.

"actually, i need some fresh air" jack thankfully denied, getting up from his seat. "so i'm good, crystal".

"what?" she questioned in surprise.

"someone else can take my turn too" jack told, his eyes briefly glancing at me before he left the living room to go out the front door.

i just wanted to know what was on his mind right now, because for the past two weeks he's been a complete mystery to me.

"looks like i'll have to take over then" connor said, then grabbed the bottle to aim it directly at jonah. "and oh, would you look at that? the bottle landed on jonah".

everyone laughed and rolled their eyes at his tactic, as he excitedly took his boyfriend's hand and lead each other into the nearest closet.

"i'll be right back" i leant over to whisper to kelsey and got up to follow jack outside.

when i shut the door behind me, i could hear people raising their voices and shouting over each other. as i walked out further, i saw a small group of people huddled around something.

but it was until i noticed that jack was in the middle of the chaos that i rushed over.

"what the fuck did you say?!" jack yelled, harshly pushing ryan away from him.

ryan's the same guy that commented about my dad after crystal humiliated me in the lunch courtyard.

i tried to make my way through the people that were watching, and those who were trying to push the boys away from each other.

as i managed to get to the front, jack forcefully swung his fist and punched ryan in the face.

"jack!" i gasped, just as ryan retaliated back. he decided to punch jack in the face too, which only caused them both to start brawling on the grass.