eleven

jack +

after leaving dakota's place, i unlocked the door to my house and tiredly threw my bag on the side.

"jack, honey. is that you?" my mom called out.

"yeah. it's me, mom" i replied, walking towards the staircase.

she came out of the kitchen with an apron wrapped around her and messy hands from baking god knows what.

"good. how was tutoring?".

i sighed, since she asks the same question every time i come home and all i wanted to do was lie down, "great".

"did you learn a lot?" eagerly, she inquired.

"of course".

"and remember, i want you to take this seriously. no trying to fool around with mrs richard's daughter".

i threw my head back and face-palmed, "mom, seriously. dakota and i are just friends and she's my tutor, i get it. can i go now?".

"yes, but dinner will be ready in soon" she reminded me.

"okay, okay" i said, marching up the steps and finally reaching my room to sprawl out on my bed.

i haven't managed to text olivia at all today, because at school, my friends constantly tease me about how much i like her and two, i had tutoring.

i took out my phone and replied to a few messages from my friends, then scrolled to find my texts with olivia and started typing.

me:

i haven't texted you all day

me:

i'm sorry ❤️

olivia:

it's okay i had tons of homework any ways ❤️

me:

oh well i missed you

olivia:

really? can't say the same 🤔

me:

i'm hurt but i'll let it slide bc you're cute ✨

olivia:

oh, so i'm cute now?

me:

don't act so surprised you've always been cute babe 😉

olivia:

honestly you're favourite thing is to make me blush jack 😌

me:

no my favourite thing is talking to you every night until 2am

olivia:

that's mine too 💖

me:

but i just wish i could hear your voice