exchange students

italics are flashbacks, also, there's a large timeskip in this. i'm sorry about that. there's also lowkey a mention of sex.

| | |

Exchange students were always the best. They barely understood the English language and they always believed what everyone told them. At least that was the case for Geoff Wigington. He was an exchange student from France and everyone loved him, even when they didn't understand him. The accent was thick and his words were slurred; the boy had a speech impediment.

The first day of  junior year was a day he'd never forget. It was the day where he met the Awsten Knight. Awsten was the most popular kid in the 11th grade, everyone was friends with him, even when they crossed him a time or two. He was very forgiving. Cliche enough, they met while turning a corner to the library and they ran into each other. Geoff was the first to apologize, but he only spoke French at the time.

"Je suis désolé," The brown haired boy spoke, picking up the papers off of the floor, his face turning a light shade of pink.

"Oh, no, uh, you're the exchange student?" Awsten quizzed dumbly.

Geoff was confused by his words. Furrowing his eyebrows, he tilted his head to the side, gazing over Awsten and his horrid posture. He would've got yelled at for having posture like that

"Je ne peux pas parler anglais," He shook his head, hair covering one of his eyes.

"You are. Clearly." Awsten sighed a bit, noticing the other boys schedule. He pointed at it before picking it up off the pile of paper. Carefully, he went to the classes he had. They had almost all the same classes besides their language class and English.

"Name?" The blue-haired boy asked carefully.

Geoff actually understood what it meant and nodded, speaking softly. "Geoff."

"Ge-off?"

He shook his head, "Non, Geoff. Jeff."

Awsten nodded. He guessed it was spelled the same as Jeff, Geoff wasn't even an idea. He thought about the brunette in front of him for a bit longer. Questions raced through Awsten's head: Why was he here? Could he ever learn English? Can they be friends or more? The last one was a stretch, but he could only wish.

"Class, next?" Geoff spoke up, surprising Awsten for speaking in some English.

"Oh, math, uhm," Out of curiosity, he took Geoff's hand. He didn't pull away. Good. Quickly, the blue-haired boy pulled the other to their shared math class. Surprisingly, it was an excel math class, not a standard 11th-grade class.

As they walked in, Mr. Lewis, the teacher, smiled at the both of them.

"Bonjour, Geoff; Hello, Awsten," Mr. Lewis spoke fondly.

"Awsten, seeing you've already acquainted yourself with Geoff, you're going to be his guide today. Is that alright? His translator will be with him, as well, helping him. That'll only last for this term. Okay?"

Awsten nodded, "Of course, I would love to. I'm sure I'll be capable of helping him, seeing we have almost every class together."

"Thank you so much, Awsten, you're such a nice boy."

That's where their friendship actually started. It was all thanks to a corner and a math teacher. Now two trimesters later, they were basically best friends with a few complications. They hung out a lot, Geoff had met both of Awsten's parents and Awsten had met Geoff's dad. It was odd to their parents, the boys were so close and they'd only known each other for a few months.