True colours come out..

Suddenly Avni got pushed and thrown to the other side. Avni picked herself up and looked at the truck speeding away down the lane. She could not note the number. And then she heard a scream from one of the passersby. Horrified she looked at the middle of the road.

She got pushed away by Ali! But he was lying in a pool of blood himself in the middle of the road. Avni got cold and stunned. She took out her mobile to dial hospital number but her fingers were too numb to dial! She ran to Ali and checked his pulse, he was alive! But clearly he was not conscious, nor was the blood stopping. Ali had taken the full blow to save his friend.

Avni ran back to her house shouting - " Bebe, Papa..."

Everyone ran out of their rooms to check and saw her covered in Ali's blood and in a disheveled state. Neil's dad ran to her and she took his hand and ran out of the house again taking him and pointed to Ali. Neil's dad called his driver and asked him to immediately take out the car.

Neil's dad - "Beta! Let me handle this. I am taking Ali to hospital. You can come but take care of yourself as well"

Avni kept crying and nodded her head.

Avni - "Papa, actually Ali mere bachpan ka dost hai. He is the only friend I have. Pls papa."(..is my childhood friend..)

Neil's dad kept a hand on Avni's head trying to reassure her and by then the driver had brought the car. They shifted Ali to the car's backseat and then rushed to the hospital.

Avni ran with Ali's stretcher in the hospital and they did not even have to wait for formalities as Neil's father knew the hospital management. He dialed a number and they rushed through the proceedings in trauma centre and took Ali straight to the operation theatre.

Avni was waiting outside the operation theatre alone as Neil's dad had finally gone off to fill the forms. She had not called Nanno yet as she didnt want to disturb Nanno till doctors tell her how Ali was..

Avni dialed Neil's number, but Neil cut her call. She dialed again but there was no response. Sometimes Neil got too busy in his line of investigation and then he did not pick up the calls of even his family and loved ones. Avni knew about it and hence she messaged Neil to come urgently to hospital as Ali was unwell. She did not want to alarm Neil highly but wanted him to know where she is hence she did not disclose the complete details to him on message.

The doctor came out of the operation theatre and told Avni that Ali is doing much better now. They could control the bleeding fast and she should not worry as luckily no vital organ was hurt. The doctor assumed looking at the blood on Avni's clothes and her tears that she was related to Ali, maybe his wife. He said that she can go inside and meet the patient now and that Ali will regain consciousness shortly. At the doctor's assurance, Avni went inside and sat by Ali's head side in a chair. She was aghast to see her old friend in so many bandages and cursed the driver who did a hit and run. She took a resolve that she will report the situation clearly to Neil and will ensure the truck driver is brought to justice. Avni had no clue at the time that the truck driver had been observing her leaving the gates and that he had intentionally speeded towards her..

Neil saw Avni's message and thought about calling back to enquire what has happened to Ali. But then he got engrossed in more work. He thought that it does not seem serious and that he will wrap up the file work quickly and then leave for the hospital, to help Avni deal with the situation.

On the other hand, Prakash - Neil's dad had called his family to the hospital. Bebe and Shweta were there. Maddy bua and Kareena had gone to the college for Kareena's admission procedure so Prakash did not disturb them. Shweta got Riya with her as well, who was now living with the Khannas only after Aman (Avni's brother) tried to commit suicide and Neil got all of them in the same roof. They all enquired the room where they had wheeled Ali after the operation and started walking that way.

Avni was sitting by Ali's bedside when he suddenly started gaining consciousness! Avni was thrilled to see him react well. She got emotional as well but Ali smiled from under his oxygen mask and mumbled something that Avni could not hear properly and she bent her face towards Ali's face to try and make out what he was saying. Ali started taking off his oxygen mask to be able to talk to Avni well.

Ali (whispering) - "dont cry Avni. See I am alright!"

Avni (with her eyes bit moist but mostly smiling) - "Ali, tum zyada mat bolo.."(You don't talk much)

Ali (in a lower whisper as he was tired) - "That truck driver. He tried to kill you, I saw that"

Avni thought she had not heard it correctly and bent towards Ali more to listen to what he was saying. Ali put his hand on Avni's back for some support to come closer to her face so that she could hear well. The entire family came in the room at this time at such an angle that they saw Ali grabbing Avni's back and thought they were in a very intimate position, kissing.

Shweta started clapping loudly in sarcasm. Avni then got startled and in turning around her mangalsutra got stuck in Ali's ear. As a result she got pushed closer to Ali. Avni was tried hard to get the mangalsutra disentangled. She was anyways half in a daze as he had gone through so much since yesterday night. At that very time Neil walked in, he had completed his work and drove as fast to the hospital as possible. He too saw Avni and Ali in this state and his feet stopped at the door only..