Chapter 1: Discovery

*Yawn*

I stand up from my bed and stretch.

"Can't believe that middle school's almost over" I said.

I open my closet and take out my school uniform and look at myself in the mirror while I change.

My name is Marcus Yasuhiro. I am in my final year of middle school and currently thinking about what kind of high school I want to go to.

My parents are a mystery. I was raised in an orphanage and was told they had died from an accident when I was noticeably young. I was sad but the orphanage I grew up in was very caring and it helped a lot in the process. Currently I am living by myself because I was healthy enough and thankfully my parents had left me some money so I could move out.

Anyways, I'll let you on a little secret. I have a quirk, but nobody knows about it. The only person that might know is the doctor that examined me. Well... If he is still alive that is.

If he did know, he lied and said I didn't have one. But he's most likely dead or he forgot because he should be really old by now.

Of course, I was a kid, and I was shocked and disappointed. But I didn't take it in and tried every day and everything to see if I really didn't have a quirk.

One day, I was in the park sadly moping on a swing and I saw my first robbery take place. The robbery wasn't an ordinary one as the robber was using a quirk, as was the hero perusing it. But that day, I realized something very important. I was watching the two using their quirks and after they left, I tried imitating what they did, and the result was successful. I was overjoyed.

What my quirk did was I could take any quirk from anybody I wanted. I was amazed at what ability I had gained, and quirks were the only thing that were on my mind.

You could say I was obsessed.

But I didn't like the concept of completely taking one's quirk because a quirk was also somewhat like a person's personality and identity. So instead of taking, I learned to gain quirks by developing an ability to copy them.

I can also combine quirks together and it's kind of my dream to come up with the ultimate quirk. But for now, it's just a dream, nothing more.

"Thanks for the breakfast," I clap my hands together, thanking myself, and head out for school.

I walk to my friend that lives a few blocks away from my house and knock on his door.

"Midoriya, you ready?" I spoke.

"One sec, I'm almost done," he said.

I could hear him rushing and stumbling as he got out. Midoriya has been my best friend since we both had things in common. We both like to study about quirks and Midoriya didn't have a quirk which made him more relatable for me. It was hard to keep my quirk a secret from him, but I had a feeling it would've been for the best.

On the way over to school Midoriya and I stop to see a giant villain in the middle of town wreaking havoc.

"I wonder what hero they'll send from the hero society," Midoriya said.

"Beats me, maybe someone that can match his size," I say.

There were a bunch of support heroes securing the area and then Kamui Woods appeared to save the day.  Right as he was going to finish the villain off with his signature Lacquered Chains Prison, a giant lady comes out of nowhere and stomps the giant villain in the ground.

"I've never seen her before," I said to Midoriya.

"Yeah!" Midoriya said, "Then it must be her debut today."

We lived in a superhuman society with the majority of human population has some sort of special ability we call a quirk. Of course, with the manifestation of quirks, there were those who abused their powers to commit crimes for their own personal benefit. To handle the situation, the government gives out licenses to individuals to apprehend criminals, henceforth heroes were born.

I could see Kamui Woods on his knees and I couldn't blame him. It's one of the downfalls of being a hero. Whoever the people like most are likely to get the fame and credit.

After the ruckus we headed to school and sit in our seats and listen to class like every other day. When classes were finally over, our home room teacher came in to talk.

"Okay class! It's time for you to choose your high schools!" He spoke, "But I already know that most of you want to apply for U.A."

The class roars with excitement with everyone showing off their quirk.

"Yeah, yeah I get it, settle down," the teacher said.

"Yeah, shut up cause none of you losers have a chance without a powerful quirk like mine!" Bakugou said making mini explosions with his hand intimidating the other students.

Katsuki Bakugou. The only one actually qualified to apply to U.A. in our school. Even though he was a bully in school, he had great grades and was a natural at using his quirk. He was quite talented.

"But it looks like there's going to be two people applying for U.A. this year. Bakugou and Midoriya," he said.

All attention was locked on Midoriya as they hear the news and started to laugh at Midoriya while he hid his face behind his arms.

"Hey!" Bakugou shouts at Midoriya.

"I'll say this once and only once, I'm going to be the only person to get enrolled into U.A. in this school and if you don't cancel that application, you'll be sorry" he said.

Bakugo continues to say mean things to Midoriya, and I couldn't do anything about it. He told me himself that I shouldn't butt in. It was a pain to watch Midoriya get treated terrible by the other students, but I wanted to respect his request.

"Marcus," the teacher said.

"Yes?" I replied.

"You have to decide which high school you're going to by next week, you're the only one who hasn't decided," he said.