Before It's Too Late | Peter Parker

You checked your watch for the fifth time that night. It was currently 8:45 PM and with a huff you decided to leave Starbucks. Peter was once again late for your study session and you were getting tired of his constant no shows. You had no idea what always kept him from meeting up with you and his nervous behavior wasn't helping either. Even if he was your crush it really annoyed you, and quite frankly, this was the last straw. You weren't going to put up with him anymore. It hurt you to just think about it but it was the only way you were going to move on from your stupid little crush. It was best to snip it at the bud sooner than later.

As you walked back to your apartment you got a text from Peter.

Hey, so sorry for not showing up. I got busy.

You didn't reply and kept on walking.

~Peter's POV~

"Mr. Stark, um, are we done yet? I kind of need to go home and apologize to a friend for not showing up to our study session."

Tony walks in with a new gadget in his hand and hands it to Peter, "Not so fast kid. I need you to test a few things on this."

"But it's extremely important Mr. Stark."

"Hmm, she must be really important for you to be ignoring the super cool piece of technology I just gave you. Who is she?" He asked. Peter looked away but Tony noticed the blush that crept up on his face.

"Just a friend Mr. Stark."

"Looks like you want it to be more than just a friendship kid. Have you at least told her how you feel?"

"No, I mean, I really want to, but being Spider-man has kinda put some distance between Y/N and me. It really sucks but I don't know what to do. I can't tell her I'm Spider-man and I haven't been able to be with her when she needs me." He lets out a frustrated sigh and sits down in a chair, putting his face in his hands. Tony walks over and sits next to him. He places a hand on his shoulder and purses his lips.

"Look Underoos, let me tell you something. If a girl means something to you, tell her, and more importantly, show her. You need to let her know that she is important in your life from the get go. You'll lose her if you don't. I know what it feels like and let me tell you: It's living hell when she walks away."

"Pepper?" He questioned.

"Yeah. That's why I'm telling you now kid, before it's too late and she walks away from you. Don't make the same mistake I did. Now go talk to her, you can test the new application for your suit tomorrow."

"Okay Mr. Stark, thank you Mr. Stark!"

"Yeah yeah kid, just go before I change my mind and make you stay late like last time."

"Yes Mr. Stark! Oh, sorry Mr. Stark . . . I'll stop. Thank you!" He yelled as he took off running from the new Avengers facility.

~Back to Y/N's POV~

You were now curled up in bed watching Netflix on your laptop when you heard a knock on your door. You grabbed your bat from under your bed and walked towards the door. You peered through the peep hole and saw that Peter was standing outside of your door.

"What do you want?" You said through the door. The door was not about to be opened any time soon.

"I came to apologize," his voice came muffled through the door, "I also need to tell you something very important. But first, I'm really really sorry. Please forgive me."

"It can wait 'till never douche."

"I like you Y/N," You froze on your side of the door. There was silence for a few moments before he spoke again, "I've liked you for a while now but I couldn't get the words to come out the right way. I just wanted to let you know how I feel and I know I haven't been there for you lately but –"

You opened the door and peeked out. He pushed the door back gently, and you let him open it all the way. He took one step towards to close the small distance between you both and grabbed your face with both hands. Your eyes widen at the sudden lack of personal space but you didn't move an inch. He took it as the signal and placed his lips on yours. The kiss was sweet and longing; as if all the unsaid words were suddenly spoken and understood. Your hands dropped the bat and rested on his chest. After realizing you both needed air again, you stepped back.

"I really like you Y/N. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. And for reasons I can't tell you, I've been very busy, but it never meant I didn't want to be there for you. I've wanted to be there for you but things have been coming up and –"

"It's okay," you cut him off, "I believe you. Just from now on, please let me know ahead of time so I know not to go to Starbucks for just one cup of coffee."

"I promise it won't happen again Y/N." He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in for another kiss.

•••••

My first Peter one shot because Homecoming was THE BOMBBB! I need to go watch it again ASAP as possible guys! Thank you to those who have kept up with me for this long, which hasn't been that long but it still seems pretty long to me! I larb y'all!