Chapter Three

Evening August 29th

A little less than a week later, Tria was pulling on a maroon dress coat when Magnus walked. He looks over the girl's outfit and shakes his head. She had sparkly black pants on with a black cold shoulder shirt under the blazer and silver heels to match.

"No," he says. "You're not coming to the downworlder rave with me."

"Like you can stop me," She says and struts past him. He sighs and starts to follow her.

"Magnus!" Elias shouts and runs over to the two. "Tria, consider the other warlocks..."

"When did you become so talkative?" Magnus asks and pushes past him and Tria.

"I beg you to reconsider going to this party," Elias follows after Magnus and Tria walks away from the crowd.

She goes back into her bedroom and starts to put the necessities in an over the shoulder clutch. Mascara, chapstick, her stele, a tiny elixir to make her buzzed, cause normal alcohol doesn't work on her for some reason, and her phone. She looks at herself in the mirror and fluffs the ends of her hair a little before smiling and leaving the room.

She scurries over to the door they use for portaling and before she could snap her fingers, someone grabs her hands and turns her around. She lets out a huff as she meets Magnus' cat eyes.

"Let go of me," She says simply not pulling away.

"You're not going," He says and let's goes of her.  His eyes fade back into the naturally alluring brown. "I'm going to a meeting, not a party."

"Well you're going to the meeting, which happens to be held at a party," Tria says and creates a portal for them. "Plus, if things don't go in your favor, you tend to get hot headed. I'm your mediator."

"You are not my..." He trails off realizing his tone of voice was proving her right. "Fine, but you don't leave my side."

"Fine," She says and links her arm with his. "Let's go then."

*~*

Tria sat on a large throne like chair and played her stele, drawing runes in the air to see what they did. Magnus basically glued her to the seat and told her not to leave.

"Magnus," The name makes Tria's head shoot up and she sees Clary and Jace walking over to them. Tria stands up and struts over to stand next to her dad.

"Clary Fairchild," Magnus coos. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman."

"Magnus Bane," Clary says and puts on a fake smile. "So you're the one who stole my memories."

"At your mother's request," Magnus interjects. "She knew the risk. Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter."

Tria hated when he said that, he always made the word seem like a bad thing. But of course everyone also called her warlock instead of her real name, and she didn't like that either. She was both, she was a hybrid.

Magnus goes to grab the red ruby necklace but Jace pulls back. "Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry."

"Jace," Tria scolds him a little.

"I have to confirm its authenticity," Magnus says and holds out his hand. Jace puts the jewel in his palm and Magnus turns it over to read the back. "Amor versus numquam moritur."

"True love cannot die," Tria says in English.

"Now it's your turn to pay up," Jace says getting back to the point of Clary's memories.

"I wish I could receive your memories, but I no longer have them," Magnus says.

"Magnus," Tria says and turns on her heel to look at the man who raised her. "Where are they, exactly?"

"I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping," Magnus says and shrugs.

"And why the hell would you do that?" Tria asks him.

"Watch your language," Magnus says before continuing. "To protect Clary and the Cup. If Valentine ever captured me or you, he could torture Clary's memories out of me. Just like he tortured Dot."

"Tortured?" Clary asks. "Wait, is Dot okay?"

"You don't know?" Tria turns back around to look at the carrot top. "Dot is dead."

"What? How do you know?" Clary asks stumbling to stand.

"We can't feel her magic anymore," Magnus says and pulls his daughter back to his side. "Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother."

"Oh, my God," Clary stumbles into Jace's arms.

"Come with me, Clary," Magnus tries to recruit the girl. "My lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could." There was that word again, and it was obvious Clary didn't like the use of the term either.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you," She says pulling away from Magnus' outstretched hand.

"Don't be a fool," Magnus scoffs. "Your mother would want you to live."

"Then let's help her get her memories back from whatever demon you gave them to," Tria tries to calm the situation, but has no success.

"Valentine is hunting you," Magnus tells Clary. "And every moment we're outside my lair's protection, is a moment Valentine gets closer to finding us." He makes a portal and offers her his hand again. "Come with us, I won't offer again."

"No, I won't hide from my problems and neither should you, you... you warlocks'," Clary shouts.

"You know what, I really hate that term, Carrot Top." Tria takes a step towards Clary with her hands glowing purple flames. She had finally snapped. She was going to incinerate the red head in front of her. Tria didn't know what had come over her, but she hated being identified as a species. It was probably because she wasn't an exact species herself; she was just a hybrid ready to take of Clary's head.

"Look out!" Someone shouts and Tria is pulled back away from a Circle member falling to the ground because he was struck with an arrow.

"Call down, Tria," Magnus whispers into her ear and holds onto her arms from behind. Her purple flaming hands die out and Magnus raises one hand to Tria's head. "I'm sorry, my sweet truffle." He touches her mind ever so slightly and she falls limp in his arms.

"What are you doing?" Alec asks and walks towards the warlock holding his hybrid daughter. Magnus raises his eyes and cocks his head to the Lightwood boy.

"Who are you?" Magnus asks looking over the dashingly handsome boy. The portal flickers and Magnus shrugs. "No time for chatter, gotta portal."

He steps through the glowing purple portal holding Tria bridal style, avoiding all the Shadowhunters around him telling him to wait. Walking into the lair the other warlocks look to the two and start to ask questions, but Magnus ignores them and walks towards Tria's room. He sets the unconscious girl on the bed and pushes her hair out of her face.

"Good night, my little... Angel."