Prologue

December 16th

    "Dad!" Young Tria shouted and shot up from her chair. She wrapped her arms around her guardian's waist and he hugged her back just as tight.

    "What have you gotten into this time, my sweet truffle?" Magnus asks her and crouches down to her level.

    "I went to the store to get you those candies you like, because your birthday is coming up," The girl starts. "When this boy came up to me and started to piss me and he might have been set on fire."

    "I'm just glad I was there buying groceries when this all went down." The man behind the little girl says. "And there's something I should tell you, Mr. Bane."

    "They poked me with needles, it hurt," Tria says and rolls up her sleeve to show off the plain Band-Aid on her inner elbow.

    "Take a seat," Magnus says and stands up. "I'll talk to Mr. Lightwood here."

    When the girl sat in the big soft chair, the two adult men leave the room and start to talk about the young protégé sitting just a few feet away from them.

    "You know how it is when we catch an unidentified downworlder," Mr. Lightwood says. "We needed to register her, and while I was analyzing her blood I found something interesting."

    "Well, spit it out," Magnus says annoyed with the man's slowness.

    "She's a Herandale," Mr. Lightwood says.

    "That's not possible," Magnus says crossing his arms. "She's a warlock."

    "Yes, she's a warlock," Mr. Lightwood agrees. "But she is also a Herandale. That makes her 1/3 human, 1/3 warlock and 1/3..."

    "Shadowhunter," Magnus finishes.

He puts his hand on the door pushing it open just in time to see Tria hopping out of the chair and grabbing a seraph blade. He watches as the blade glows a bright white and the girl's face also glows with wonder. The blade then dims recognizing the demon blood in her and she drops the blade once it starts to burn her hand. His little girl was a Shadowhunter and he had no way of stopping the training that was to come.

A/N So I don't usually write Author's Notes as the majority of my readers know, so I won't write many of them. Just want to acknowledge how amazing y'all are for even considering reading this little book. Enjoy!!