3.1 | Sweet Things

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" He challenged, and I leaned away, digging my back in the sides of the counter.

I placed my index finger on my lips to indicate that I was going to be dead silent. He had kissed my cheek in the morning. I didn't dare challenge him on this. Satisfied, he took a step back. I gulped down the anxiety which had been building up inside slowly. Atleast I hadn't instantly gone into panic mode like the previous times, but he had never stood this close to me either and threatened with what he just did.

Progress.

"Now, to answer your question, yes. I can bake. Lavanya bakes all the time for Aarav so I've picked up on a thing or two."

I opened my mouth to reply with excitement, when I slammed it shut after he raised his brow. Not daring to speak, I simply nodded, containing my happiness. I didn't know why, but I was feeling too happy, and for once, I wasn't afraid to let myself be happy and enjoy. It could be the overflow of crying yesterday that had peeled away a layer of burden from my chest, allowing me to be happy and carefree today. Then again... the dormant fear remained. So much had happened since last night and I was afraid that even the slightest, tiniest bit of thing could set off my panic attack. I didn't want that happening.

But no. I won't think about that right now and spoil the current light mood we have going for us. After a long few weeks, years even, we deserved it.

He questioned with a smirk, "Should I be offended that you don't seem too eager to kiss me?"

I stared at him, horrified. What was he trying to hint at? His smirk widened before he walked away to call the store. I didn't dare move an inch from where I was standing by the kitchen counter.

Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock on the door and Arnav opened it. The bellboy held up the bags and Arnav guided him in to leave them on the kitchen counter.

I passed him a small smile. Arnav locked the door behind him after tipping him. He then took out everything from the bags and placed them on the island. "I believe you wanted to learn?" Getting what he was hinting at, I jumped down the counter. He instructed, "Alright, mix The dry ingredients. 2 cups of flour and sugar, 3/4th cup cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda."

I looked around for a bowl, and upon finding one, I did as told. While I did that, he mixed the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. When he looked up, he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Mixing this?"

He rolled his eyes. "Who mixes it using hands? Sweet pea, you aren't making dough for flatbread. You're making batter for a cake."

I pouted. "Like I'm just supposed to know that."

He shook his head, amused. "It's common sense, sweet pea."

"Whatever," I replied and looked around for a batter spoon.

"In there," He pointed towards a drawer. I was about to open it, when my bangs irritated my face. That was also when I realized my hands were dirty as I was about to pull my hair back. He chuckled before his hand came around my left side, opening the drawer for me and making me jump back... to lightly crash into his torso. "Go wash your hands."

I didn't even wait a second to say anything and instantly turned on my heels to walk around him towards the sink. I got out all the flour sticking to my fingers and wiping my hands, got to work again. Minutes later, when I was done, I waited for Arnav. Then he poured his mix into mines. He asked me to mix that and he cleaned up his side of the mess, putting things in a corner in an organized manner.

After not even a minute, I complained. "Okay, my hand hurts now." I wished there was an electric mixer instead of having the beat it using the spoon.