Chapter Nineteen {Seth's POV} *Edited

Start from the beginning

I smirked. I didn’t miss how he called her a human. He didn’t know about my Sylvie’s little gifts. He didn’t know he couldn’t physically harm her in any way. In summary for some big all-knowing Alpha, Alek didn’t know shit.

“You smile at the idea of her death?” Alek asked, surprised.

Nope but I smile at the idea of yours you overgrown golden retriever.

I almost laughed out loud at the realization that I was starting to sound a lot like Sylvie. Because let’s face it, that’s exactly the kind of shit she would say in this situation. She lacked a filter even in dangerous situations like this. God I missed her. I just wanted to know she was okay. My wolf was practically torn between bloodlust and depression knowing she was so far away from us.

I was on the same boat as him.

“You were doing as I suspected.” Alek raged. “You simply wanted to remove me as Alpha using the Marcum girl! You aren’t even her mate are you? I should have known the minute I smelled your Alpha blood that you would try to take my rank from me!”

I kept my face emotionless but inside I was bursting out laughing. How stupid could he get? I didn’t even want the rightful place of Alpha in my old pack why the hell would I want his made up one? Besides you can’t fake being mates I don’t care how skilled of a liar you are. It was just too fucked up to even be a consideration yet here he was considering it a possibility.

He really was an idiot.

“Alpha!” someone yelled getting both out attention.

“Speak!”

A man I recognized as Zane, a large African American guy we had taken into the pack last year came down. He looked absolutely freaked out and frazzled. Which was rare since from what I remembered of him he was a pretty laid back sort of guy. His dark eyes clashed with mine a minute before he looked back at Alek.

“The Marcum girl and a pack member are breaching the perimeter.” Zane said in a rush. “I’ve never seen anything like it! She’s wiping out guards left and right!”

Alek’s golden eyes flashed as his wolf fought against his control as I processed the news. Sylvie? My Sylvie was here with Jack trying to break me out? My wolf, if it was possible, was smirking seemingly impressed with our spitfire mate. He liked that she wasn’t weak. He liked that she was as powerful as he was. I, on the other hand, was silently having a panic attack.

True, I knew my girl was tough and I trusted Jack but I didn’t like this. She was out there using a lot of her energy. Would she be okay? Would she even make it here before her body gave out? Would she be captured by Alek if she didn’t?

Trust our mate. She is stronger than you believe. My wolf assured me.

He was right. I knew he was right.

I leaned my head back against the wall again calming my breathing and my mind. My girl would make it. I definitely owed her a date after this. Shit, I should buy her the hope diamond after this. Though knowing her she’d probably opt for a bottle of Wild Turkey and a life supply of ramen.

“I’ll take care of this.” Alek snarled breaking me from my inner thoughts.

He walked back towards the staircase leading up from the cells stiffly. He knew he had underestimated her. It was his biggest mistake he’d ever made and I was sure he was realizing this as he stalked up the stairs.

Unable to resist a chance to gloat I called to him.

He turned to me eyes blazing with rage. “What?”

“Good luck, big guy.” I laughed.

He snarled turning back around letting out a roar of frustration.

I smirked as I sang, “you’re going to need it!”

Boy, was he ever.