Chapter Eight // Ferris Wheel

I wish that you could put the picture in the background, just blurry, like you could still read, but you'd see it while you scroll. Idk I'm weird. Enjoy ❤️

Johnny's POV
We stared and saw the ginormous carnival in front of our eyes. Excitement rushed through me, I couldnt be happier.

Out of all the rides that were either nerve shattering or boring, the carousel interested me the most. I liked how old fashioned it was and how you just spin around and forget about reality somehow.

Two came back with a handful of tickets. "Now don't just waste these on all the rides, you can use these to buy food as well."

Pony grabbed half and I took the other half of tickets, stuffing them in my pocket.

"Thanks Two," Pony said as I grabbed his hand and ran to the carousel.

"Johnny-" he hesitated. "Come on the line's not that long,"

He shook his head. "We can go on it last,"

I pouted. "Why?"

"It has the least amount of tickets Johnny,"

I looked down. "Okay,"

-

He brought me over to the bumper cars. We walked up, handing the needed tickets to the host.

Pony and I ran over to a bumper car that fit two people in it. We sat and waited for the thing to start going. My heart was pounding, ready to crash into other people.

I felt the ride start, Pony took the wheel and bumped into- "Dallas?!" he yelled.

I laughed quietly and screamed when I saw Two-Bit as our next collision. "Hey Pony!" he waved.

We bumped into strangers for the rest of the ride. Pony and I were a little dizzy after getting out of the car. He grabbed my hand and took me to a bench.

"Man Johnnycake," I see him trying to get his eyesight together.

"Y-you okay Pone?"

He nods but still looking kind of lost. I got worried for him. "T-that ride gave me a headache."

I frowned. "Y-you wanna get somethin' to eat?"

he stood up, I followed him. "I'm not that hungry right now Johnny, I'm okay."

I nodded. "Alright well, don't rush,"

We stayed on the bench for a little while after Ponyboy felt nauseous. But I liked it when we were just sitting there and doing nothing but swinging legs on the seat.

He was smiling and humming at random people, just being the nice boy he is. Two-Bit came over and started talking sense into some girls that passed by.

It was funny when he would do it, but when Dally did it, it wasn't as funny.

You'd feel scary if it was Dallas hitting on you, I've seen it happen to some girls at the drive in or at the places him and I hang out at with Pony.

There were some pretty unlucky girls he'd just bother for sport.

I felt bad seeing that happen so often to him. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with that anytime.

"You guys should go on the ferris wheel, see the view, y'know." Two said, grabbing popcorn from a small bag he was holding.

We nodded, looking up at him. "You wanna do it Pony?"

he grabbed my hand. "Yea, let's go Johnny,"

-

We stood in line for what seemed like hours, but the time shook us. Pony and I stood up to give the tickets. We walked over to the cart, sitting down with a small grin on our faces.

I saw Pony look down at our hands, which were very, very close, practically touching each other. "S-sorry Johnny."

I blushed lightly. "It's okay Pony, you can hold my hand," I gave out a smile.

"You sure?" I nodded and felt the ride start before we could say anything else.

His fingers quickly grasped onto mine, we went higher. Pony started laughing, looking down at everyone else. We could see Two-Bit waving at us with Steve.

I saw Sodapop buying something and walking over to Steve, giving it to him. I chuckled quietly.

The lights of the city streets had turned on when I moved my head. Each one had been lined up after the other on every single sidewalk. They'd all been that way when I haven't noticed.

"J-johnny,"

"Yea Pone?" I looked at him, still with our hands clutched.

"I-im scared of h-heights." he tightened the grip on our hands.

"Aw Pony, we'll be okay,"

"Y-you sure J-johnnycake?" he huddled into me, looking terrified. I just nodded and held his hand tighter, feeling a little scared myself.

"J-johnny," he whined.

I moved my head closer to his. "Calm down Pone, you're overreacting,"

"I-I am?"

I sighed softly. "I don't want you to feel scared up here,"

"W-why?"

"Because I want you to feel as safe as possible." he nuzzled into me, having me blush a light red. I smiled when he couldn't see me. I could tell Two-Bit had his eyes on us. I saw him pointing.

"Look guys! Pony's makin' out with Johnny!" I blushed harder than before.

Pony moved his head, looking back up at me. "Ignore 'em Johnny, they're just teasin' us," I nodded and tried to keep my focus on the street lights flickering. "They get too excited seeing us like this," he continued.

I giggled quietly.

Excited for the next chap?