Ch.42

Alex stopped abruptly before Minerva's house. She had only been walking for a few minutes, like Mother Goose had promised would happen, and she already felt like this was a mistake. But she couldn't stop now.

She pounded on the door of the cottage, and a beautiful lady opened the door. She had long brown hair, warm brown eyes, and pale skin and glasses. She smiled.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the lady asked.

Alex bit her lip. "Are you Minerva, the good witch?" she asked, hoping that she wasn't making a fool out of herself.

The lady nodded. "That's me," she said. "Are you a customer?"

Alex nodded. "I'm, well, I'm kind of saving the world. The Lady of the Lake's water drained my magic, and I need it back-as soon as possible."

Minerva, thankfully, understood. "Wonderful," she replied. "I have just the potion." She returned back into her house and closed the door behind her.

She waited patiently, finding it hard to think clearly.

Minerva opened the door once again and handed her a small, red, bottle. "Here," she said. "It's the finest of potions. Drink half, and only half and it'll reduce the spell she cast upon you. Drink all of it, and bear the consequences." She closed the door, not to be opening it again.

Alex sprinted back to Merlin's cottage. She was careful not to spill the red bottle. Alex burst through the door and towards the kitchen in Merlin's cottage. She poured the potion into a cup and drank half of it. Warmth flooded through her, and Alex felt relieved. Her magic had been returned.

"Alex, what's with you?" Mother Goose asked, leaning against the wall.

"Sorry, I just drank my magic potion," Alex said. "You were right, Mother Goose. Minerva was a good witch!"

Mother Goose smirked. "Well, I'm never wrong, aren't I?"

Alex sighed. "Can I see Arthur?" she asked softly.

Mother Goose nodded. "He's resting in his room," she said, and took Alex by the hand. "He's been asking for you, you know,"

Alex gulped. "Great,"

****

Merlin screamed. It was a scream of terror and pain. He fell unconscious on the floor of his cage he had been bid to.

"MERLIN!" The Lady of the Lake shouted, regret in her voice. She dove into the water and resurfaced towards the cage. She thrust it open and began to cry. "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!" she yelled at the sky.

Emerelda's jaw dropped. How had things gone from fine to not? She prayed under her breath for Merlin to be okay.

Lightning bolt's in The Fairy Tale world could kill you, as much as kill your soul. You wouldn't even be bound to heaven, you would disappear into nothingness.

Bree broke down into sobs. She didn't know Merlin that well but he had helped Claire get back to safety. He was such a kind man and a wise sorcerer. Bree's heart couldn't help but crack. Tangerina and Coral wrapped Bree in a hug.

This battle was over. Someone had been hurt, extremely hurt. And it had been the person everybody had cared about.

"Somebody, HELP ME!" The Lady of the Lake yelled from the top of the lake.

Bree glanced at Emerelda, who nodded. She, Emerelda, Tangerina, Coral and Xanthous flew up to the sky.

"Is he going to be okay?" Coral asked quietly.

"How am I supposed to know?" The Lady of the Lake screamed, ripples of water going out in every direction.

Coral jumped. "I'm sorry, I just-"

"You're sorry?! This is ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Emerelda and the rest of the fairies gasped. How was this their fault?

"It is not your place to go around making untrue accusations like that!" Tangerina yelled, pointing a finger. "This man is seriously injured and he may not be able to be cured!"

Nimue sniffled. Everyone was sure she was going to start crying, but instead...she blew up. She roared so loudly and furiously that everything in Camelot could have heard. She slashed around in the water and groaned and moaned and screamed so loud.

Bree, Coral, and Tangerina rushed over and flew Merlin back down to the ground. He was hurt badly, with 3rd degree burns all over his body.

"We need to get him back to his cottage!" Bree exclaimed. "That's the only way he'll survive!"

"No!" Coral yelled. "Mother Goose, Conner, Red, and Morina can't save him! We need to help him on our own."

Bree was about to protest when she realized Coral was right. "Okay," she said. "Let's save Merlin."

Back up on the higher level of the lake, Emerelda tried to help The Lady of the Lake. It was hard because she was squirming around everywhere and wouldn't let anybody help.

Guinevere, Yukon and Diamond were now sprawled across the grass below. Emerelda knew they regret what they had done.

"Nimue! Get back here!" Emerelda shouted, blasting her wand in every direction to get The Lady of the Lake freeze.

Finally, Nimue stopped. She stared up at the fairy, her eyes glowing red. She began to twist her hand in ways unimaginable, as if throwing a baseball that was invisible.

Emerelda watched as a riptide was formed. She gasped in horror.

Nimue thrust the riptide in Emerelda's direction, but she twisted her wand and the riptide went flying back toward The Lady of the Lake.

The Lady of the Lake screamed as she was being drowned by her own water.

She screamed, "NO!!!!!!!!" with so much pain in her voice that Emerelda felt obliged to save her. She fell from the lake and into the lake below, sinking too far down that she couldn't be saved.

Emerelda's jaw dropped. This was one surprising turn of events.