Chapter 2: In Power

***
The story continues with Zeta finally in full power. My body was weak, she has consumed so much power that she took my energy as well. But I gathered all my strength to run to the frozen Samira.
***
"Samira! Can you hear me?" Caliana came up to her and stared into her stiff blue eyes. She groaned as She summoned her last bits of power left to unfreeze her. "Come on! Be free!"

Empress Caliana's POV

Soon enough the ice melted and she fell to the ground. I quickly picked her up but being weak myself I held onto her tight. Her young face looks at mine. There were fear in her eyes. Inside, I was full of fear, but my eyes were stern and my face was serious.

"We need to get all the genies into the Zaramay undergrounds immediately...Roya!" Caliana pointed to Samira's pet peacock. "That's your job. Stay there with them until we return."

I summoned my staff and levitated off the ground. With my staff in my hand, I consumed power once again. Samira also summons her staff as well and follows me outside.

The once clear blue sky was now a darkish red with brown clouds almost covering it. A small little boy screams for his life as a beam of plasma demolishes a trail coming to his direction. I watched in horror as he trips and twists his ankle; the beam almost hitting him. Suddenly a ball of light flies to him, breaking a barrier between the beam and the little boy.

Zeta noticed this and groans in anger. "What is this?! Be gone!" She screams as she summoned more power into the beam. I turn to see Samira no where in my sights. Where could she be?

I didn't let that get to me, for I had something more important to do. With the ball of light still blocking the threat of plasma, I swiftly grab the little boy and held him tight. I then set him down next to Roya, who was gathering everyone underground.
"Good luck, girl." I petted her feathers before going back.

"Samira? Where are you?"

Zeta suddenly gives in and moves her staff to another direction, causing it to disintegrate. The ball of light comes towards me. Right before my eyes, the ball manifests into my apprentice. She looked tired but she lightly smiled.
"There you are, Samira." I quickly hugged her.

"You did that? My goodness, I always knew you were a special one." I smiled at her like how a proud mom would.

We let go. It was time for battle. Samira flies up, and asks me, "Shall we continue?"

I grab my staff and nod in agreement; joining her. "We shall."

I come in first, pulling my staff outward so a beam of golden lightning hits Zeta. Unfortunately Zefa dodges again and hits me with her staff. "Nice try, you old wench! Hahaha! You're weak. Give up already!" She then laughs maniacally.
I move back to catch my breath. She is strong.
I didn't let that get to me though. I am an empress. No one is stronger than me.

Samira slashes Zeta, causing her to drops a few gems which I gather up to magically teleport back to the palace. I watched as the two fight with their staffs, each coming at each other like a striking venomous snake.

"I would have to thank you for teaching me all these moves." Zeta breathed out before kicking Samira down to the floor. "Maybe they can help me beat you." She remarked.

Samira groans as she was surrounded by broken concrete.

My anger then rose. I scream as I attack the chaotic sorceress. Her hand unexpectedly yanks my wrists. I gasped as a low chuckle escapes from her mouth.
"With this gem, I demand suffering to those I despise, and soon will they meet their demise " A black gem appears from behind. Oh no! The death gem! I felt my breathing shorten and my head spin. My mouth lets out a few coughs before black goo escapes from it. I was dying.

Without warning, a wave of force moves Zeta out of focus, causing the gem to fall and break on the floor. "Take that!" A young voice said with pride.

With vision becoming blurry, I barely see Samira come close to me. The spell wore off and I feel hard to the grown. I heard Samira scream. "CALIANA!"

I blacked out.

-
Wow this is getting intense