Chapter 1: The Truth Be Told

It was just a typical day in Zahramay Falls. Leah tags along with her genies, Shimmer and Shine in this magical land full of genies. Maybe get a hold of Zeta trying to find a way to become powerful again. The usual things.

However, nothing really happened much, which was unexpected for the girls. They headed to Samira's palace to have a little tea party with her. Empress Caliana loves all things tea and was invited by the sweet innocent Shimmer. Luckily Samira wasn't so busy today, being a mentor and princess after all. The group gathered in the middle of the palace floor, each having tea cups, napkins and small pillows to sit on. Even the pets, Nahal, Tala, Parisa, and Roya had their own items as well.

"So how's the tea I made everyone?" Shimmer asked. She looks at everyone who was sipping their tea cups.

Shine swallows and said, "ah so good...you make the best tea sis!" Everyone nodded in agreement and continued enjoying the delicious tea. "Yeah Shimmer..it's reminds me of my mom's tea back at home!"

The sisters looked at their human in confusion. Both said, "What's a mom?" Leah stares at them back. Samira and Caliana look at each other in concern.

"You guys don't have a mom? Or a dad?" Leah asked, petting Parisa gently, who was resting on her lap.

"Nope I guess not. We don't even know where we came from either." Shine shrugged. The room was then filled with awkward silence. The only noise was the slurps from their mouths as they sipped the tea from their cups. Samira then looks up with a bit of hesitation in her eyes. "Well...perhaps we can tell y-" She was suddenly interrupted by Caliana. "Samira!" Her tone was serious and firm.

Shimmer looks at the older women. "Tell us what?" So many questions were asked and needed answers.

Caliana looks at the twin sisters before sighing deeply. "I believe this is the right time to tell you young genies the truth..." she sat down her cup of tea and cleared her throat.

"You see...every genie is created for a reason. They do not have "parents" nor "guardians". We are all free spirits that create their own path through life. When you two were created, it was done for a purpose...a special purpose that is."

****
Samira just turned 14, and was about to be coordinated as princess. As you know, I was her mentor, a teacher that taught her everything I know. I've noticed that she was becoming a powerful genie, the most powerful student I've ever trained. So, I let her become a teacher herself. Soon enough she taught many and have succeeded. However, Zeta, that nasty sorceress became a genie in training. This made every magic power to be in her grasp. Little did we know about her vile plans.
***

"So, are you ready for another lesson, Zeta?" Samira asked. The two were at the palace, with both exposed to magical gems and power sources. Zeta makes a sinister giggle before nodding. "Yeah whatever." Caliana sits on the throne, watching the two continue their lesson. "You're doing great so far, Samira! Teach her what I taught you!" Samira giggles and nods.
Something was off with Zeta but Samira shrugged it off. "Ok so what I'm about to show you is quite complicated. Watch closely now." She pulled up her staff and waved it gently. All of a sudden, Zeta summons a power source to freeze Samira right then and there. "Take that! Ahaha!"
Caliana sits up in panic. With swift action, Zeta grabbed the staff and felt its power flow through her veins as her fingertips first felt it. "Ah. That's much better. The power I deserve!"
It wasn't long until Caliana summoned her own staff to go into battle. "You're wrong, Zeta! You're not getting your way this time."

She goes in, but Zeta dodged her attack. It caught Caliana off guard and she was knocked to the wall by Zeta. This was the right time for Zeta to bail. But before she did, she grabbed all the gems and magical items with her to help her gain power. "I'll be needing these. Stupid genies. I, the most powerful sorceress in Zahramay Falls, will finally rule them all! HAHHAHAHA!"

Her plain genie gown turns into a silky purple dress with emerald at the end of it. There was armor pads on her shoulders made out of emerald and Samira's staff turned to a more broader stature, fully black, and had a sharp emerald emerging from the top. "Tah-tah, empress~" she purred before excited the palace to cause mayhem. Caliana moans and sits up. Her eyes were filled with fear. As she tried to stand, a sharp pain comes from her ribs, causing her to fall. She tilts her head up and saw the damage she's did to the entrance.

"Oh no...what am I to do?"

-
End of chapter 1.