'I have nothing of value to return your kindness. Please take this pouch. It was a gift from my love.'

'In the future, if you need to seek assistance from the country of Yong Yin, all you need to do is present bag this to Yong Yi. He will comply with your requests.'

'Something so precious, you are willing to part with...' Feng Ming looked at the bag in her hand.

'King Ming, if you can accept this as a token of my good will.' She held onto the satchel dearly, a bit reluctant to pass it over.

Feng Ming nodded.

'Shall we proceed as discussed? We will act out independently tomorrow. Miao Guang is worried, even if I don't manage to escape it may be the last time I will be able to see King Ming. This can also be a keepsake in the memory of Miao Guang.'

'Alright,' Feng Ming took the small package and hid it within the inner chest pocket of his clothing. 'I will keep this safe.'

The pair continued to talk about minor details. Afterwards, Feng Ming returned to the palace.

--- --- --- ---
Parallel to Feng Ming's meeting, after Rong Tian's departure from the Prince's chamber the King hurried to a private room to meet with Li Er.

'Your Highness, brother has sent news.' The young man kneeled before his master.

'What is it?'

Li Er replied, 'Ruo Yan has not made a move, he has been handling the affairs of his state as normal. He showed no signs of concern over Princess Miao Guang in our territory. It is as if he knows he has the upper hand, with King Ming poisoned, Xi Rei wouldn't harm the Princess.'

'What about the antidote?' Rong Tian was growing impatient.

Li Er dipped his head in shame, 'We have not been able to steal it, but my brother has caught word. There is an eccentric medicine man of which Ruo Yan studied under. This man is highly skilled in his knowledge of toxicology and pharmacology. However, he likes to live in seclusion. Rong Hu has already set out in search of him, and will bring him to Xi Rei to manufacture a remedy for King Ming.'

Rong Tian let out a heavy sigh, 'We need to make haste! Otherwise, Feng Ming would not be able to resist the poison much longer. We only have pain alleviating agent at hand. The one month mark of Feng Ming's exposure to the poison is fast approaching!'

'Rest assured, Your Highness. My brother is giving his all.'

--- --- --- ---

As Feng Ming whipped his horse to gain speed, he revised a few things in his mind.

He wasn't completely airheaded enough to not suspect Miao Guang or the possibility this was all a scam.

The next day, all he needed to do was to leave the palace, hang about the city until he needed to make a run for it. It would be Xi Rei's soldiers after him, and if he got tired of playing the scapegoat he could straightforwardly hand himself over. Especially under the watchful eye of Xi Rei's troops, if Miao Guang or any of her co-conspirators wanted to make a move on him, wouldn't it be a difficult task?

Their opportunities would be next to none.

It seems that Miao Guang didn't have the intention to harm him.

Once he returned to the Prince's hall, it was just his luck that he beat Rong Tian. Chiu Lan and the other maids were resting at a table laughing and giggling amongst themselves. Seeing their master's return, they promptly stood up and greeted him.

'Welcome back, King Ming!' As Feng Ming pulled up a seat, Chiu Xing was already beside him, serving him a big bowl of a rare fruit that was recently offered as a tribute.