Chapter 19: Doubts and Realizations

Start from the beginning

Lelouch stares at the picture he just found which is lying down on the table.

"Have I relied on you too much in the past as well?" he asks. "I guess I did. Why am I this scared without you?"

Lelouch stares at his shaking hands. "It seems that I have taken you for granted."

Britannian Special Laboratory...

Prince Schneizel takes another visit to C.C since it's been two days and Zero haven't made a move.

"You visited again, young prince," says the immortal witch feeling relaxed on the chair despite of being restrained. "You've visited countless times and never have you brought a visiting gift. You should at least bring pizza the next time you come."

"My apologies," says the prince with sarcasm. "But there won't be a next time."

Prince Schneizel takes off his gloves and draws out his gun.

"I've had enough of your farce, witch," he says as he points his gun at the woman's forehead."Tell me who and where Zero is? If you won't answer, I will immediately dispose you."

"Then, why don't you do it? Shoot me on my forehead and on my heart. Shoot wherever you want," the witch provoked. "Let us see if I die."

"That won't scare her at all, Schneizel," says a hoarse voice coming from behind the prince who immediately realizes who it is.

"Emperor," he says as he puts down his gun.

"I would like to talk with this young lady here," says the Emperor. "Would you mind leaving us alone?"

The prince simply bows in respect before taking his leave.

"It' been a long time, C.C," he greeted. "Though I do not remember my past life where we first met, I knew that I had you to be experimented on because of your immortality. But guess what?"

"You're now an immortal yourself," continued the witch. "What did you come here for?"

"You're such a smart woman, C.C. But it isn't smart of you to side on Zero to rebel against me," the emperor says."I have come to make a deal."

"What deal?" -C.C

"When V.V was still alive, she once told me that your one and only wish is to die. She said that you've suffered a lot in your past. So, I came here to grant your wish. Give me your immortality and your wish shall be granted," the emperor offered.

But much to his surprise, C.C took down his offer.

"I decline," she says with her usual calm voice. "It was V.V who wished to die not me. Emperor, instead of wasting your time here, why don't you go and spend it with your beloved empress?"

"Now, I know why Schneizel is losing his patience on you. But C.C, if you ever change your mind, come to me anytime," says the emperor before taking his leave.

"It would only be Zero who will take my life," C.C says to herself. "Is it really what I feel or am I willing to die on whoever could take my life? Why am I even doubting?"

While the immortal witch is like now living a shut-in life, Zero is watching a live video of Princess Euphemia announcing something that made him even more worried.

"Good evening to you all, I am Princess Euphemia li Britannia. I had a talk with the emperor  about giving the Japanese their freedom and country back. He agreed, thus, he gave his permission on giving the region under the Mt. Fuji to the Japanese. It will be officially declared next week on Monday under Mt. Fuji. Your presence, the Japanese, is highly needed and appreciated," says Princess Euphemia.

Lelouch turns his computer off with shock.

"What? If that happens, the Japanese will reject the Black Knights," he tells to himself. "What should I do? Why are bad news keep on piling up? Damn it!!"

He composes himself and wears his mask. He leaves his room and had the Black Knights gathered.

"We've seen the announcement and I think we won't be any useful anymore," says Roku.

"But are you assured that they 're going to give us our freedom?" asks Travis. "What if it's just a set up?"

"Exactly," Zero agrees. "We do not know if they're giving us the freedom or not. During the declaration, I will talk with the princess."

"But how will you do that?" asks Roku. "She's a princess so it would be impossible to talk to her especially that you're Zero."

"It's not impossible," replies Zero. "I can make things possible. Kallen, you will come with me next week with the Gawain."

"Roger," Kallen replies.

"Don't tell me you're going alone?" Neil asks.

"I will. It's just a talk so I you don't have to come with me," says Zero. "Just enjoy your day off."

"What about C.C? We can't just leave her alone," says Leo. "We owe our lives to her and she has gathered us here. Isn't it time to return the favor?"

"You'll have to wait to save her. If we save her now, Prince Schneizel will surely be waiting to ambush us. Let's wait for the right time," replies Zero. After that, Lelouch left early since he plans on going to school the next day.