Chapter 12: Knightmare Frame Gawain

Start from the beginning

"Travis and Leo, you take on the Lancelot," he said.

"Roger," the two replied.

"I've never thought that you'd be a part of this, Suzaku," Lelouch thought but he will still fight for his goals even if it means fighting his best friend.

When Cornelia and Guilford are on the middle of the bridge, the bombs explode consecutively. The bridge collapses,thus, Cornelia and her right hand-in-command and the other army fall on the cliff.

"What?!" Princess Cornelia yells in surprise. "Don't tell me it's Zero? Damn it!! Guard the Gawain!! Don't let Zero take that!!"

"Now!!" Zero signaled the Black Knights and they attacked the army.

Lancelot immediately takes action but two of the Black Knights block him. Guilford and Cornelia are able to get out from the cliff and attack the Black Knights.

The Black Knights follow Zero's instruction according to plan, thus, they are able to fight the Britannian Army. Travis and Leo are taken down by Suzaku and he charges towards Zero making a great damage on his knightmare frame.

"Darn it!!" Zero curses under his breath. His knightmare frame's left arm couldn't move well due to Suzaku's attack.

But despite that, Neil is able to fight one-on-one with Guilford giving C.C the time to support Zero against Suzaku. Since the Lancelot is far better-made than Zero's and C.C's knightmare frames, Suzaku is able to take them down.

"Looks like this knightmare is of no use anymore," says C.C as she ejects herself to safety. She sees Kallen struggling to fight off the guards of the Gawain. She goes near and helps the red-haired girl.

Haru and Travis are almost defeated by Princess Cornelia but the Gawain protected them from the powerful jab from Princess Cornelia's knightmare frame.

"What?!" Princess Cornelia says in confusion. "Don't tell me they've already got Gawain?!"

"Zero, it's time," C.C says after making sure Kallen is now controlling the Gawain.

"Zero!!!" Princess Cornelia yells out in anger upon seeing him standing on top of one of the damaged knightmare frames.

"This Gawain is mine, Princess Cornelia," he replies. "If you give freedom to the Japanese, then this rebellion should end."

"Shut up, you rebel!!!" the princess yells as she charges on him. Lancelot is about to back up the princess but Neil and the others stop him from going near her.

"Kallen, you pilot this knightmare. I will operate its weapons," orders Zero upon entering the Gawain.

"Who are you? How come there are two Zeros?" asks Kallen in confusion.

"I'm the real Zero. That one out there is C.C," replied Zero. "Now, attack Cornelia."

"Roger," Kallen replies. The two help the others until everyone is able to get their upgraded knightmare frames from the Britannian Army. On the other hand, Lancelot cornered the fake Zero.

"Surrender yourself before you get hurt," Suzaku commands but he is attacked by the Black Knights and C.C enters in one of the stolen knightmare frames.

"Let's see who will surrender," says C.C as she attacks him.

"Darn it!!" Suzaku curses. "Zero!!"

Princess Cornelia couldn't move her knightmare frame due to damage as well as Lancelot made by the Gawain. They are left by Black Knights who successfully got the Gawain from the army.

"We're done for," says the princess to herself as she watches the Gawain fly away from them. "Darn that Zero!!"

"Head to the headquarters," Zero ordered.