6. I M P O S S I B L E Y E A R

Start from the beginning

She looked so pale and... so easy to break.

Unaware of the presence of her boss on the door watching her silently, Y/N eyes laid upon an open window, feeling the slight and pleasant breeze on her face. She then stopped singing and just let the song play alone.

"That tattoo, your last bruise; this impossible year..."

The sun was shining, making Y/N feel calm and warm, and there was not a single cloud in the sky. It was such a beautiful day... it's a shame she couldn't enjoy it like other people do.

Y/N sighed heavily, looking back at her arms, at her new cuts and old scars.

Black Hat also turned his attention directly to her arms, feeling worried - he has never felt this kind of feeling for anyone before -, and relieved at the same time when he saw that none of the cuts are deep enough to kill Y/N.

"There's never air to breathe, there's never in-betweens; these nightmares always hang on past the dream..."

Black Hat felt the strange need to stay with Y/N. He wanted to stay with her until it all passes away. But he can't say it. He won't say it.

"There's no sunshine, there's no you and me..."

"There's no good times, this impossible year."

When the song finally ended, Black Hat entered the room and closed the door behind him.

Y/N jumped out of fright by the sudden noise and looked at him, surprised when she notice it's Black Hat walking to her bed with his hands folded on his back. His expression is indescribable, a mix of rage and worry. Y/N quickly covered her arms and avoided looking at him, ashamed of what he have seem.

She felt Black Hat seat beside her on the bed, could hear him carefully gathering her drawings. It was an awkward silence.

"Look at me, Y/N L/N." the girl heard Black Hat say, his voice was incredibly soft and low. He felt awfully awkward.

Y/N kept quiet, never looking at him.

"I told you to look at me." Y/N felt his gloved fingers touch her chin, making her look at his face. His cold gaze piercing directly at soul. "I can tell that soon enough you will be a successful artist. Rich, famous. People will envy you. But someone once said to me... to be in the glory you will have to survive to your falls."

Y/N felt her chest tighten up as she tried to engulf the shame. She always tried to make people think she is though and strong. But she always knew she was truly soft.

Warm tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks, by no apparent reason. "Why are you doing this, sir?"

"Listen to me, Y/N," Black Hat commanded, trying to keep making sense when nothing made sense to him at all. "I don't fully understand what is happening to you. Actually, this is something I never had to deal with before,"

The girl listened carefully, wondering what Black Hat is trying to say. He had never been this nice with her.

"But... I want you to," he breathed in slowly, asking himself what he was doing. This isn't like him. Not at all. "To let me know when you are felling this way. Maybe I can do something."

"What?" Y/N asked flustered and confused at the same time. "You have a lot of things to worry about, boss. You shouldn't care about me."

Black Hat then bursted out angrily, yet voice still low. "Tch! Just stop calling me "boss" or "sir"! Call me by my great and beautiful name, Black Hat!"

Y/N cringed by his sudden change. But his angry voice and behavior made her feel a little better.

"And there's more! I do not care if you do not want me to help you, there is no choices! I will help you and you won't go against it!" Black Hat continued to complain angrily. Y/N finally genuinely smiled because of his own way of showing he actually cared about you.

When the villain saw you smiling, he couldn't help but smile, too. "Then, will you let me, Y/N?"

The girl then suddenly grabbed his face and kissed his left cheek, making Black Hat paralyze. Y/N laughed out loud when she saw him blushing furiously.

She then hugged his body, interlacing her legs with his, and laying her head on his chest. Y/N can hear his heart beating weirdly fast, and smiled at it.

"...Yeah," she said after a brief moment of silence. "I'll let you help me, Black Hat."

Y/N felt a weigh fall from her shoulders when he patted her back lightly.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Y/N asked innocently, looking up at Black Hat.

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? I mean-"

"Shhhh..." the girl interrupted him, her feelings talking for herself. "Stay with me, please..."

Black Hat thought for a moment and then sighed, deafeted. "Fine..."

Y/N smiled widely and yawned. "I'm glad to have met you..."

Black Hat just stared at her sleepy face, closing her eyes.

"...I am glad I met you, too." she could hear him say before she fell into deep sleep in his arms.

Y/N was sure about something. Black Hat isn't bad at all.

Truly bad persons don't have time to care about the others like this, leave alone to make evil pranks with their employees.

Black Hat isn't good, but he isn't bad too. Y/N didn't care about it, though. She liked him exactly the way he was.

And no one will ever change her mind about it.

____________

sorry bout it
i was feeling hella depressed today and i had to write a depressing chapter too
im trashy the trash can

babye