Chapter II: A flint

Greg led the car from the parking lot. When automobile finally had drove the long bridge, linking the city with land from the side of Bunnyburrow, Nick, sitting behind, decided to break the awkward silence which has been around for some time:

"Regarding about Judy... "

"Don't tell me today about her!" hissed Jade. "I understand, pregnancy and similar things, but my patience has also limits. How can anyone behave like that towards someone, who shows a bit of care?"

"You, darling, also had such whims... "

The passenger asked in a sweet voice:

"Would you give us an example, honey? I don't remember this... "

"About a month ago, at the swimming pool, when your swimsuit was locked. You were unbearable all day. Or when we first visited your parents and your siblings began to show me ... quite original pictures from your childhood. Besides, you have had a couple of situations, I will remind myself in a moment... "

"Are you sure there were any other situations? " Jade asked sweetly, taking look of psychopathic murderer and staring at her husband's face as if she was about to slaughter it.

"Uhmm ... so now I think more was definitely not there! " Greg said loudly.

Nick leaned back and whispered a lick to his ear:

"Slipper..."

Jade glanced back from the front passenger's seat:

"Did you say something? "

"Uhm, yeah ... Far yet?" Nick crouched, crookedly grinning.

Fox got out in front of his little studio flat:

"See you tomorrow, hero!" Greg exclaimed, departing and disappearing behind the curve.

Nick opened the door to his flat, and despite the fact, that the furniture and other items had not changed, he was afraid to enter it - the water dripping from pipes has made a huge mold on the carpet. The fox watched it - it looked like a miniature, slightly deformed, Zootropolis in Zootopia - combined with the remains of dirt and uncontaminated food, formed a colored wadding which  would have envied by more than one doctoral student in biology. Besides, the thick layer of dust and spider webs decorated almost every free space. Nick began to work - cleaning the manyweekly dirt took him time until evening. Despite the fact, that he had to clean alone, he was glad that Judy didn't see what could be grown on the carpet even without the help of laboratory equipment.

The next day, in the morning, he dressed an uniform and headed for command. He met the boss who gave the instructions to Clawhauser:

"...diet to appeal! You have to present yourself accordlingly. And remember, my friend from the gym will let me know if you try not to come and avoid daily workout ... "

"Not too sharply? After all, it's Clawhauser, when he will lose weight, he will stop being a mascot of the command... " - Nick chuckled, approaching the boss.

"No. Just yesterday his donuts soiled half of documents on my desk ... " Bogo growled.

"It was a gift, I didn't order eat it all, eather in the office. After all, the boss pulled them out of the box ... " the cheetah explained.

"Don't change the subject! As for you, redhead, come for me, in an hour we have to be at the landing pad. We still have to arrange transportation for our guests. "  the buffalo ordered and went to his office. He dressed up a suit, sunglasses, then called up several officers and began to give them the last instructions.

At nine in the morning a group of police officers were waiting at a small landing pad for the arrival of the delegation. But even Bogo, seeing what was happening, pulled off his sunglasses.

"Somewhere I've seen it ... How was this movie called ... Oh, I know! "Buffalos in black"! " Nick joked, fascinated by the resulting view.

"Sit quietly or stand still ... Whatever! Give me a megaphone from the trunk! " Bogo exclaimed.

A group of a dozen of military transport helicopters were approaching the landing field. Officers prepared for a small delegation left a place where could land at most three such machines.

"Remove all vehicles from here! Now!" Bogo snapped through the megaphone.

Officers began to move the cars and limousines under the fence, one after the other, and when the helicopters hung over the landing pad, Bogo ordered everyone to set in line under the fence and personally began to navigate the pilots to the landing sites. When he was finishing, the last, small helicopter for two persons appeared. The boss saw he had no place anymore and lost his orientation. He didn't know what to do next, watching as the helicopter hung over the remaining grounded machines.

Nick ran to the boss, snatched his air-traffic glares and pointed the pilot to the parking. There was also no place there, so he showed him a big police off-road vehicle. The pilot made big eyes, then began to laugh so hard that he barely held his hands on rudder. Slowly approaching, he landed on the roof of the roadster.

The commandant seeing this, run to Nick and began to jerk him by the collar of his uniform:

"My car! Are you totally crazy?! Should I convert you to a meatball?! "

"I knoo - oow whaa - at I'm doo - iiing! " - Then Bogo dropped and overturned him on the asphalt. Nick had continued:

"You just glorified Greg a moment ago that he made you the roof trunk and reinforced the suspension. Don't you trust him? I just saved your reputation, you have a weird way to thank you for saving your career... " he chuckled.

"If I find any damage to the body, I will hurt you, you have my word! " boss hissed and ran to the helicopter.

While the pilot was turning off the engine, the passenger opened the door.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. We just didn't expect the visit to be so ... plentiful. Can I give you a ladder? "

"There's no need to! " The passenger said and jumped off the helicopter with a spectacular jump. He turned out to be a well-built eagle with uniforms filled with all kinds of badges and medals, which in the morning sun shone more from the paint on the commandant's car. His military boots showed the possibility of breaking the airbrush into dust with a single kick, and the penetrating gaze seemed to have the power of scanning animals at the outlet.

"Welcome to Zootopia! " Bogo said hugging his newcomer's wing warmly.

"General James, hello... " - The eagle's embrace for a few seconds deprived the commandant of the circulation in his hand. " You've screw it, commander. Maybe the visit a slightly bigger than we announced, but such a small airstrip? So luck that my soldiers are well trained... "

"Slightly bigger?! I mean ... I will recommend the mayor to expand this airstrip, I promise... "

"I'm glad, and as for the fox who showed us this car, it's genius really. I don't trust foxes, but this one has a plus from me. Zed, my pilot, hasn't laughed so much for a few years. Please just settle with the owner of this car to not rage, because we bended slightly the trunk. But fortunately I THINK, paint is fine ... - laughed General.

Nick got close to the commandant, who said:

"I THINK, you're lucky, Nick... "