Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:
I stayed in my place too scared to do anything. Not knowing if I should go after him or stay put for safety. That's when I remembered...
"Xane!" I yelled and ran to the docks.
I ran as fast as I could to the docks, and freeze in my footsteps. There lays the dead body of Xane, his neck turned at an impossible angle and a lot of stab wounds on his back. I think there was at least twelve of them. I slowly moved to the body, shaking and looking around making sure nobody was around the area. A small sigh escaped my lips and kneeled down next to him softly touching him, seeing if there was any sign of life in his body. There wasn't. I stood up looking at him still shaking.
"This can't be happening. This is all a dream. It's not real," I whimper tangling my fingers in my hair breathing shakily.
I slowly stood up and turned around. As Gabby was running my way I backed up a bit still shaking not being able to function properly. She kept running now covered in blood some of her clothing was torn. As she comes up to me she pretty much pushes me off the wooden dock and into the water. I struggled to swim, some water flowed into my mouth as I struggled to stay on the surface of the water. I slowly went underwater struggling to swim. I held my breath as the water managed to push me out into the deeper water. My air was running out quickly.
'Someone help me please!' I begged mentally. 'Anyone!?'
I started to lose consciousness. Darkness filled my eyes.
'This is it. I'm going to end up like my once very best friend, Jason.' I say mentally.
I can't see. I feel numb and very cold. I can't move at all. I let out the last of my air left inside my body.