Chapter 14

In the end, Bum Jae decided not to dance.

He didn't want to embarrass himself, nor did he really want to be an idol. He deemed it as a smart choice as he remembered the last time he danced.

Shuddering at the thought, he decided to clear the image with the next contestants performance.

The audition went on. Each time a person finished, the person on their left would go next.

Starting to lose interest, Bum Jae couldn't wait until the audition was over.

Everyone was talented, yeah, but seeing the same amount of talent repeatedly, got boring.

Staring at the clock, he waited for the time to go by faster.

Hearing, "I'm Jang Hyeon," made Bum Jae's ears perk up.

He almost forgot about him. The boy from the Beauty Department.

Seeing him now made his opinion on him change.

The pink-haired male was more serious. Determined. Usually, he would see him flirt with the girls at school, carefree. Seeing him so serious was refreshing.

Not like Bum Jae really knew him in the first place.

...

The CEO took his eyes off the paper as he glanced over at Jang Hyeon.

Jang Hyeon, despite being nervous and anxious, managed to keep his shaking to a minimum. His shaking only noticeable to the CEO.

The CEO seemed to be used to such reactions. This was the third group that came in for the audition, after all. He's only surprised that Jang Hyeon was the one shaking among the few that did. Jang Hyeon didn't seem like the type to shake out of nervousness.

He understood why he was reacting like that, so he decided to not comment on it. He knew if he did, he would only make him shake more, and worse, embarrassed.

Glancing at the one he was neglecting, he could only wonder if this person could catch his interest.

The black-haired male.

He managed to catch his attention when he walked in, his charisma practically leaking from him. However, now, he seemed just like the rest. Typical. He was idol potential, but there was something missing. The fact that he couldn't put his finger on it, made him irritated.

That was one way to catch a person's attention, he supposed.

His performance made him seem mediocre. The same level as almost everybody else. Normal. Boring. Yet, he still managed to be better than the mediocre. He was like the top of the mediocre, not quite above average. That almost caught his interest, yet not at all.

It felt like the boy could do better. Way better than the performance he was currently giving to the judges. It's like he wasn't trying. As if he didn't even want to audition from this agency. Which is weird. Why would he audition here if he didn't even want to get accepted?

Despite not being completely interested, one thing did catch his interest.

The fact that the black-haired male was more interested in watching the other contestants than passing the audition.

...

Jang Hyeon was nervous. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, though.

He's been waiting for this moment ever since he became a trainee of DY agency. He isn't going to let this opportunity pass. Not when he finally managed to convince the CEO to make a group after all his years as a trainee. Nope. He's certainly not going to let this pass.