Friends These Days

"Hey! Asshole!" Someone yelled, making me turn to see James and Sarah sitting at our normal booth.

I chuckled and waved. "Hey jackasses!" I yelled. I got a few glares by people, but I just shrugged them off.

I get a chocolate chip muffin and a Yoohoo. Damn I love those!

Walking to our booth, I sit down by James. Okay... This will sound weird- but just let me explain!

Sarah had gotten up, cause she was sitting beside James, and plops down onto my lap.

There was only two spots to sit on the booth, cause I'm the other side, it was facing the wall. So a table was inbetween us and the wall.

So the guys sat down, and sense Sarah was too nervous to sit on James's lap, she sat on mine.

I put my hand on the small of her back and the other on my knee. She started messing with my hair as she always did. I chuckled softly and James sighs.

I take a drink of my Yoohoo and get a glare from Sarah. "You didn't get me one?!" She yelled. "What type of friend are you?!"

I smirked. "One that doesn't really care." I retort, making her huff and turn away.

I softly chuckle while James took my muffin. "Hey!" I yelled, putting my drink down and reaching for it.

"Nope!" He yells, taking a bite out of it. I roll my eyes and go to reach for my drink again, but it wasn't there.

I look and see Sarah drinking it. "Hey! I already drank from that ya know?!" I yelled.

Sarah just shrugged. "And?" She said, putting the lid back in the glass. I glares at her. Her eyes suddenly went wide as she punched my right in the middle of my chest.

"Hey!" I yelled, rubbing the spot where she hit. "Why'd you do that?!" A few people glares at me and I just shrugged it off.

"You were thinking about me giving you an indirect kiss!" She yelled.

My eyes went wide. "What the fuck?! Hell no!!" I yelled, making someone storm out of the restaurant. Yeah... You better get lost...

We all burst out laughing. We always did this. Things never go old. Even after three years, we still did this. Though normally with James's stuff.

You assholes! That was my food!

Chuckling a bit, I sit up straight. Then my phone rang. I sighed and grabbed it. "Hello?" I ask.

"Andrew! Where the hell are you?!" My mom yelled into the phone.

I sighed. And here comes my favorite part of my life when I'm in trouble...

Sarah giggles and takes the phone. "Hey Miss. Brooks! Andy's just with me. I needed his help picking out a outfit for school tomorrow. And you know him, always picking the wrong stuff." She says.

Me and James do our best not to burst out laughing. We always did this...

"Oh! Sarah! I thought that he was with James. Thank you for watching out for him." My mom says all cheery.

"Oh! No problem!" Sarah says, rolling her eyes, but keeps a pippy tone.

"Yeah. If he was with anyone else, he would have gotten grounded. He wasn't really nice to our new neighbors this morning." My mom says, making me stiffen.

"Oh.. Did he now..?" Sarah says, a little bit of a death to be in her voice.

I frantically looked over to James who was shaking his head like crazy.

"Yeah. Well, I'll let y'all two get back to picking clothes. Thanks for watching after him again, Sarah."

"No big deal, Miss. Brooks. Bye!" Sarah hug up before my mom could respond.

"Why were you ride to your neighbors?! You're never rude to people!" She screams.

I sighed. "First off, they mentioned having a niece who lives with them, and I didn't care."

Both of my friends were just staring clueless at me. I sighed again. "My mom woke me up."

Both of these mouths made a 'O' shaped and they both nodded. "Now we get it." They say as one.

I nod with them.

My friends always understood me... Welp... Most of the time...