"Connection?" Ryraso frowned confused. "I have no link. I am not k'nairi."

"Tell me, healer. Do you miss Navat?" Tai'ray asked, meeting the attractive human's eyes and giving him a knowing look. Ryraso didn't need to answer. The haunted, longing look in his eyes told all he needed to know. This little human wanted to go home and his home was not here in the human capital. "I thought so. You may not have a link but you have the beginnings of one. Even after all this time. How your mentor missed this..."

"He died," Ryraso answered the question softly, his voice sad. "His colleagues were too busy to look twice at me. Now, you summoned me for a reason?"

"I wanted to meet the man who saved my life. I can't say that I am disappointed," Tai'ray smiled slightly. "You were Healer Umin's apprentice, his first and last."

"From what I know," Ryraso allowed.

"Interesting man that one," Tai'ray nodded slowly. "You may go if you want," he said softly seeing Ryraso's unease. He didn't want to scare him too much. "I will see you again, however. I don't like it when my people are unhappy Ryraso, and you are not happy here," Tai'ray said seriously, catching Ryraso's hand and kissing his knuckles.

Ryraso flushed red but didn't argue the point instead fleeing the moment he could. Tai'ray smiled contently. This had potential.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sounds like they like you," Millie teased as Ryraso told Isst and his girl what had happened. Millie sitting on Isst's lap with Isst's hand around her stomach while they were at the bar.

"They are the royal triad. They don't just like random human healers," Ryraso argued. It was strange though, There was feeling in the pit of his stomach like something was about to happen. The look in Tai'ray's eyes had felt more than just a man meeting the person who had saved his life.

"I don't know," Isst hummed, nuzzling Millie's ear. "I think you sell yourself short," he smiled, eyes flashing to the side. Ryraso followed his eyes and spotted wings in the shadows. He had gained himself a stalker it seemed. "They seem pretty interested to me."

"Should I acknowledge them?" Ryraso asked, trying not to look too obvious.

"Maybe?" Millie chuckled. "Would that be too forward?"

Ryraso shrugged. "I guess not," he murmured, standing and moving to the corner. Millie patted his arm as he walked past them.

It was Dyn'ad who was sitting there, the royal mysteriously on his own. He didn't try to hide as Ryraso walked over to him though instead, his wings drooped in a relaxed pose. "Greetings," Ryraso nodded, leaning on the table next to him. "How come you're at this lovely place?" he asked, fluttering his eyes. The pub wasn't exactly a well thought of establishment.

"Following you," Dyn'ad chuckled darkly, not bothering to be coy. A k'nairi warrior through and through. "We wanted to find out if you had many attachments here."

"Not particularly. Just those lovebirds who I'm stuck living with. Why?" Ryraso asked, slightly surprised by the admittance but Dyn'ad had a strange look in his eyes.

"Thinking about giving you an option to return to Navat," Dyn'ad commented truly. "We just have to find a clinic for you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know Ran'mosy. Once I was asked by the royal triad if I would like to go back to Navat. Do you know what my answer was?" Ryraso asked the k'nairi quietly, drifting out of his memories, his heart still aching and the temperature of the night falling. Ran'mosy grunted. "I'd go back in a heartbeat," Ryraso whispered. "How things change."