Chapter Eight

Autumn's Pov:

I was groggy and confused when I woke up. The room was much darker than normal and smelled... of clean linen. That's when I realized that I had someone's arms wrapped around me. I was about to freak out when I noticed a head of straight brown hair resting on my chest. I sighed in relief when I remembered where I was, lying my head back down on the pillow. I ran a hand through my hair as I closed my eyes again, trying to calm my fast paced beats. 'I'm in bed with Rylee... I slept with her.' That thought kept flying into me. I wasn't exactly sure if it was bad thought... or a good one? I don't mean sexually slept with, I don't think I could do that anyway.

I unwrapped myself from her and climbed out of her bed, pulling my jeans back on and slipping on my socks and shoes. My pulse was still racing, making me nervous and angsty. I looked back over at Rylee and smiled. She had wrapped herself around her blankets, her arms holding onto her pillow tightly. 'Why can't she just be that nice and cute all the time?' I shook that ridiculous thought out of my head and opened her bedroom door; only to run into someone....

"Oh, Autumn, I'm sorry I didn't know you were here still." Rylee's mom said as she composed herself again. I blushed as I rubbed my arm.

"Yeah, I fell asleep and well... here I am." I gave her a bashful smile. She eyed me suspiciously then nodded.

"Right, well you best get home. School is in an hour. Oh, and can you ask your mother if she'll come over for dinner tonight? I'd like to talk to her about something." She smiled, fixing her robe as she walked past me to what I assumed was Hayden's room."Wake up!" She screamed, giving me a heart attack. She offered me a smile as she left his door open.

"Alright, I'll see you later!" I sighed as I ran down the stairs. I Thought I was good to leave when Her dad caught me as well. 'God damn...'

"Autumn? Why are you here so early?" He asked as he continued to knot his tie. Before I could even explain it to him as well, another voice carried out.

"She was helping me on my math homework last night, and we both were really tired so we just crashed." I turned around to see Rylee coming down the stairs, wearing only a tank top and boy shorts. I blushed as I turned back to look at her dads stunned face.

"You mean you're actually wanting to do the math now? Well this is great news!" He clapped his hands as I noted Rye standing next to me now. He looked over to me. "I'll have to pay you for helping her out so much, how is she doing by the way?" He asked quickly as I watched him pull his wallet out.

"No, you don't have to pay me." I commented as I glanced over at Rylee. "She's, uh doing well. We're onto trig, she didn't have much problems." I half lied. She rolled her eyes as she mused her hair up.

"Oh no, I'm paying you! I know how... a pain in the butt this one can be when it comes to school." He said as he gave Rylee a stern look. "She needs the math if she's gonna make it into med school. So, how much? I think $400 will do?" He said as he pulled out four one hundred dollar bills out of his wallet. I almost fainted on the spot. I don't think I've seen that much money... just appear out of someone's wallet like that!

"Oh my gosh! No! Really, if you were to pay me a twenty is all I'd ask for." I looked at Rylee for back up but she just yawned and leaned against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest. He just laughed as he insisted I take the money.

"Take it; honestly I think you deserved it if you had to work with my daughter. I know how busy you are, so It's my way of saying thank you. I'll be insulted if you didn't take it." He gave me a big fatherly smile and shoved the money in my hand. I sighed as I put it in my back pocket.

"Thanks..." 'Well... I guess this can help mom out?'

"No, thank you! Well, I need to finish getting ready for work." He said as he headed upstairs, leaving me alone with a tired Rylee. I turned to look at her, feeling my face light up as I stared at her.