Chapter Seventeen- A Change

Start from the beginning

"I guess I really did... and oh yah.. Hey, do you mind if I just go have a shower?"

"No, not at all! Go ahead!"

With that, Jake went off to the bathroom to have his shower. I feel wonderful right now!! 

I walked down to the kitchen where my mom had already been beginning to cook supper. I felt so light right now, like I'm on cloud nine!! 

"What are you so happy about Riley??" My mom said clearly noticing that there was something different. I'm sure she heard what had happened but is just pretending to not know just so that I'd tell her.

"Um.. I'm not friends with Annabelle anymore.." 

"And why is that?"

"Because she's the wicked witch of the west 2.0 and tried stealing Jake from me.."

"And where is Jake now? After I saw Ethan and Annabelle leave, I hadn't heard or seen anybody else leave."

"He's just in the shower."

"Oh, okay."

"Okay! I can't hold it in anymore!! Jake and I are dating now mom!! And I kind of have Annabelle to thank for it! Then again.. If anything we would've been dating for longer now if it wasn't for her... So never mind! I don't have her to thank! But I am so happy!! Jake and I have been best friends for who knows how long, but this is different!! Like, now we're dating and-"

"Wow. Take a pause there. I'm so happy for you two Riley!!" My mom said and gave me a big hug then continued, "But I already knew you two would end up together, just the way that you two have such great chemistry together. I saw it the very first time I saw you two together." My mom finished with a proud smile on her face.

That's when we heard someone coming down the stairs and so both my mom and I went to look at Jake... Only to see Bradley coming down the stairs..

"Oh Bradley!! I love you so much!!!" I said and went over to him and gave him a huge bear hug.

"Mom.. Help... Can't... Breath.." I hear him say, then I hear someone chuckle behind me. I let go of Bradley, turned around and a smile grew onto my face seeing Jake standing there with his wet disheveled hair. 

"Oh mom?" I began turning away from Jake and towards my mom instead, "Can Jake eat supper here tonight?"

"I kinda figured that much already, but you two have to go set the table, we're having hamburgers tonight."

"Haha! You two have to set the table!!" Bradley said pointing his finger at us and laughing as though this was something that was terribly bad even though, it really wasn't.

"Laugh it up Bradley, but it'll be your turn tomorrow! And you won't have someone to help you!" I said back to him.

"You two are such kids." Was all my mother said as she went into the kitchen to finish making the hamburgers and salad. Jake and I followed close behind her to set the table and Bradley just took a seat at the table.

Once we all sat down and began to eat, we mostly stayed silent, but not an awkward silence, a comfortable silence, until Bradley ruined it.

"So why don't you two just get married now since Jake practically lives here anyways! But just no sex!! I can wait a little bit until I have little nieces and nephews!" At that, I practically choked up the food that I had in my mouth and my cheeks turned a dark shade of red.

"Bradley!" My mother said at the same time that I kicked him under the table.

"Mom, we were both thinking it!" He said and then we remained silent again, this time, it was more of an awkward silence.