Chapter Thirteen- This Isn't Akward At All...

Hey! So, here it is... The next chapter!

Happy Reading :)

-Jess

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake's POV

"Not any girl, that girl." he said pointing towards where we were heading.

I looked at here he was pointing and saw the one person thy I hoped I would see and also the person I didn't want to see.

Riley.

Why is she here?! Well it is the closest mall to around here but still!

I bet Cameron planned this! I have to get her to forgive me though!

She was standing there looking so happy, laughing.

I looked to her left to see the evil witch herself! Annabelle! And to Riley's left was Ethan! He was a bit too close to her for my liking though!

I hadn't realized that I had stopped walking until Cameron said, "Dude, you just gunna stand in the middle of the parking lot all day, or actually walk towards the mall?"

"I think I'll stay right-"

"Oh no you won't!" Cameron cut me off, grabbing my arm and marching towards the mall.

This'll be fun... With mad Riley, the witch and the annoying, because he's him, dude.

Riley's POV

Ethan and Annabelle are really nice and funny at that, we were all laughing because of this story Annabelle told me about when Ethan took a bite of this really hot pepper and he couldn't find anything to drink after so he was running around like a crazy person.

It isn't the same though, coming to the mall without Jake or Melanie, my friend. But I was mad at Jake! And, well, Melanie is on a cruise for the holidays so I can't see her.

"Hey Ry, why don't we go in the mall now? Here comes trouble..." Annabelle said while looking in towards the parking lot. I saw a weird glint in her eyes, almost like she was happy seeing whoever it was... It probably was just my imagination though.

There, walking right towards us, was Jake and Cameron. Cameron was one of the guys that Jake hung around, he's like an annoying brother for me, we were pretty close though. Even though he was the schools "player".

"Yeah," I replied to Annabelle I went to turn to go in but it was too late. We had just been outside since it was nice for a winter day but we all had last minute Christmas shopping to do.

"Hey Ry!" I turned around to see Cameron standing in front of me.

"Hey Cam!" I said giving him a little hug. We always hug each other, like I said, he's like an annoying older brother to me but he still cares about me... I think...

"So, do you wanna come shopping with us?" Cameron asked me.

"Well.. I..." I said not sure what to tell him, I'm not even looking at Jake but I can tell he wants me to. Too darn bad for him! "I'm shopping with my friends Annabelle and Ethan right now..."

"It's fine, they can come too." Man! Its always hard to get ride of Cameron...

"I'm well.. I..." I said stuttering unsure of how to answer him.

"We'd love to!" Annabelle said and I quickly glared at her. Why did she do that?! She knows I'm mad at Jake!

"Okay, let's get inside then Annabelle-" Cameron started but was cut off.

"You can call me Anna." Anna said.

"Okay then... lets go then Anna and Evan!" Cameron said and I could tell he was purposefully messing with Ethan. With this impression, I don't think Cameron likes Ethan.

"It's Ethan." Ethan said.

"That's what I said, Edwin." Cameron replied.

"Okay, let's just go." I said getting annoyed of the two boys at the moment.

We all stayed in silence for a bit. Well this isn't awkward at all.... Note the sarcasm..

•••

An hour had passed, we went to a few stores, but we had stayed quiet during most of the shopping. I can feel Jake staring at me, but I will not talk to him!

"So, where to now?" Cameron asked.

"I vote the bathroom!" Anna said and I gave her a strange look, "What? I gotta pee."

"Then I guess we're going to the bathrooms." Cameron said.

We finally got to the washrooms and I guess Anna really had to pee, because she ran in there so quickly.

Jake's POV

"Hey Edward! Come, I gotta pee." Cameron said to Ethan.

"Why do I need to come exactly?" Ethan said giving Cameron a weird look.

"Because... um.. Oh just come!" he replied dragging Ethan by the arm into the washroom.

"Riley why-" I started to say before I was cut off.

"Save whatever you were going to say, for someone who cares, Jake."She said clearly not wanting to talk to me.

"Answer me this though, please." I said pleadingly.

"What is it?"

"Why did you listen to what Annabelle had to say and not me? You only heard one part of the story." I said looking her in her eyes even if she won't look me in the eyes.

I saw her start to question what I had just said before she replied, "Because, well, I-"

"I'm back!" Annabelle's annoying voice said while walking towards us.

"You what?" I asked truly wanting to know what she was going to say before blonde ruined it all.

"Nothing Jake... Just nothing..." with that both Ethan and Cameron came out of the bathroom, Ethan looked really unamused.

"I have to go now.." I said turning towards the exit, not saying goodbye to anyone.

I had come so close to figuring it out! But no! The stupid lying blonde had to ruin it!

"Hey dude! How'd it go?" I heard Cameron ask. I turned around to see him catching up to me.

"How do you think it went? I was about to find out why she's mad when that stupid little blonde came and ruined everything!" I said walking out of the doors which we entered the mall by.

"Oh... I'm sorry, bro... At least she talked to you a bit! But you know what? I didn't get done what I wanted to do!"

"I thought you already bought your parents gifts?" I said a bit confused by him.

"I mean I didn't get a girl." he said which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Poor baby." I said to him, he gave me a look but got into his car.

"Where to now?" Cam asked.

"I say McDonalds!" It was around 2 in the afternoon and I was starving.

"McDonalds here we come!" with that, we were off.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Riley was gunna say... She what? Liked me? Hated me? Was a secret spy? An alien? A dino? Wait, she's too pretty to be an old dino. So I guess that's out of the picture...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello people who read fzon! How's life?

How was this chapter? I don't particularly like this chapter a lot but oh well! All stories have those parts that you don't particularly like!

If you did like it then could you please vote and comment? I'm trying to get to 100 votes for this book!

Thanks guys!

-Jess