Chapter 21

Expect slow updates for this story. Sorry.

"Just tell us everything that happened" Lin says, her tone soft for once. Maybe she actually was worried for me, or she was ashamed that her niece was a traitor. Then again, her respectable reputation was ruined, thanks to Amon.

Sucking in a breath, I look over to Hiroshi Sato "They only took Haydn and I. I only saw them electrocute Asami, but I assumed they did it to both her and Esme."

Patting my back, Hiroshi Sato gives a solemn nod "Go on, you're safe here."

"I tried to fight" I pause, the sensation of being electrocuted washing over me "But then Esme used the glove."

"That's when Amon almost took her bending away, but I stopped them" a voice shrills, turning, my eyes widen as Haydn enters. My eyes shut, still unable to look at him. I know he's suppose to be at my side at all times, but ever since I woke, he hasn't left me alone.

"Do you have any clue why Esme would be working for Amon?" Haydn sneers, glaring at Lin "Excuse me for my rudeness, Chief, but the Air Nation is small enough already and doesn't need to lose someone." Opening my eyes, I look at Lin.

Her softness was gone, the venom had returned. "Unless you want to be jobless, I suggest watching your tone Haydn" Lin snarls, before looking down "Esme's entire linage is filled with great benders. Perhaps not getting to be apart of that left her angry,hateful."

"But you have no clue where she is?" I ask.

"She fled with Amon and the other equalists." Lin sighs, looking down at the table. Her violently green eyes looked as if it could break through the table.

Standing from the chair, I frown "That's all I know about the attack. Can I go now?"

"Yes" Dad states, now entering the same door Haydn did. Looking at the Prince, he puts his hand onto his shoulder "After your shift, please come to Air Temple Island." Nodding, Haydn follows me through the door.

"Are you alright?" Haydn asks carefully.

"No" shaking my head, I lean on the wall "Amon might be preying on my mind, but I thought Esme was a friend. I didn't think she would destroy all of our trust in her like that."

"I just can't believe the Chief didn't know" Haydn sighs "I mean she's the Chief for spirits sake!"

"I know, but shouldn't have we noticed something?" I ask, looking down to my feet. 

"Listen, Asami invited us all to her mansion for a pool party, to try and get our mind off of things, you should go."

"I might" I turn to face him, wrapping my arms around him "Thank you, for everything."

"Anytime" he smiles.

~~~~~

"I'm so glad you could make it" Asami smiles, "I'm just ready for a girls day." Nodding, I pull her into a hug, my words whispering into her ear "I'm so sorry about Esme."

Frowning, she looks down "Thank you."

"Have you heard anything?"

Shaking her head, she sighs "No. I just hope she's alright, and maybe she'll open up to us"

"But come on, show me this great pool Bolin wouldn't shut up about" I state, wrapping a supportive arm around her. 

Grinning, she leads me down the hall "Mako, Bolin and Haydn are already here. Do you think Korra will show up?"

"I hope so, I've barely seen her myself ever since what happened at the Pro Bending match."

Opening the grand doors, my mouth hangs agape. The air is warm, circling around tan and white tiles that led down to the pool, where the boys swam. "Rei!" Bolin cheers happily as Asami and I approach.

"Hey" I smile, the events from a few days before already fading. Hanging by the edge of the pool, Haydn chuckles "Are you going to do what you did when we were kids?"

"What is he talking about?" Mako asks, raising a brow.

With a grin, I run towards the pool, but just as I ran out of tile, the air propels me off the ground. Pulling my knees to my chest, I cannonball into the cool pool, water going everywhere.

Gasping, I move back to the surface, sending a grin towards Haydn, who laughs uncontrollably. The others don't look as please, especially Korra, who just walked in. "Avatar Korrra...has arrived."

"Glad you made it" Asami grins, sitting beside Mako.

"Welcome to paradise!" Bolin says cheekily, floating on the surface of the water.

"Looks like you guys settled right in" Korra says sarcastically. Hopping from the water, I sit beside her at the edge of the pool.

"Pretty much" Mako says, looking over to Asami in a mocking manner "except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here."

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission." Asami smirks.

Getting out of the water, Bolin smiles like a child in a candy store. "This is the greatest place in the world! Watch this, watch this" coughing, he changed his tone "Fetch me my towel, good sir." 

"He would love it in the royal palace" Haydn chuckles.

"Yes..Master Bolin" the butler says, grabbing his towel.

"Master Bolin! Ha, I love this guy" Bolin laughs, pointing at the old man "Now pat me dry."

Quickly patting him dry, the butler turns around, only for Bolin to jump back into the water. Sighing, the old man grumbles under his breath, before leaving.

Turning to Asami, Korra crosses her arms "So, what do you have planned for us today? Let me guess, shopping, makeovers ..."

"OOh! OoH! I vote makeovers!" Bolin cries, who is then swatted by Haydn.

"I had something a little more exciting in mind" Asami smirks, looking over to Korra and I.