Chapter 9

Above is also another picture of Haydn, because you gotta love those Azara grandbabies

"We didn't miss your match did we? It looks like you already lost" Korra notes as the two of us enter.

"We might as well have" Bolin sighs, running his hands through his hair sadly.

"Hasook's a no-good no-show!" Mako growls angrily, shaking his head. 

The door opens, revealing the ref. "You got two minutes to come out ready to play, or you're disqualified" he notes sternly before leaving the four of us alone again. "Well, there goes our shot at the tournament ... and the winnings" Mako sighs sadly.

While they bounced ideas, my own flowed through my head. Surely Dad wouldn't enjoy the idea of Korra and I probending. 

"What if I helped?" I suggest.

"Do you suddenly have the ability to waterbend now?" Mako sneers coldly. 

"No" I snap back "But I could easily push the water around. It wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be something."

"It's a thought, but Tenzin would kill me if you got hurt. Either way, I say I'm a top notch waterbender. If I do say so myself" Korra states, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"But, you're the Avatar" Bolin voices, turning to his brother "Isn't that cheating?"

"Not if I only do waterbending" Korra states smugly.

"No way. I'd rather forfeit than look like a fool out there" Mako snaps. Crossing my arms, I glare at the firebender. He seemed so much more interesting on the radio, when he didn't talk.

"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence" Korra sighs as the door opens yet again.

"You guys in or out?" the ref asks. "We're in!" Korra calls excitedly.

"We are?" Mako questions. "Yes!" Bolin calls excitedly. 

"Hey! I didn't agree to this!" Mako growls as Korra drags me to the closet. "I promise I'll behave" Korra notes to me, pulling the gear onto her body. 

A small smile forms on my lips "I think I'm going to sit in the arena with everyone else. You're going to be great." Quickly, I embrace her, before she waddles off in the large outfit.