Chapter VI: Monday, September 8th, 2014 and following days

The day after, Nives and Flavia woke up and went to breakfast; then they checked out and left the luggage in the safekeeping of the reception, before exiting to walk one last time the streets of London, to see other places well-known all over the world.

They went with the Tube to LondonBridge, and then from there they continued strolling to the famous TowerBridge, which they photographed from many different angles and then crossed to see the Tower of London. While they were there, they noticed the TowerBridge opening in the middle to let a large boat pass; because the event was relatively rare, an urban legend stated that it was a luck-bringer to catch it. Nives couldn't help but think 'I'd like to see Richard again'. She immediately forced herself to drive away that thought.

The moment to go back to the hotel came too soon, in order to call a taxi and go to Waterloo Station, where they would pick up the bus for Gatwick. Lorraine was waiting for them in the hall; some minutes later the taxi arrived and they left.

Once at the airport and checked in, they relaxed in the lounge and ate something, awaiting the boarding call. Lorraine and Flavia pestered Nives with questions, wanting to know every single detail of her day with Richard, and she told them gladly everything she could remember, because recalling those moments soothed her sadness. She left off only the photos they shot together in the gardens of Windsor, because they would stay a secret shared only between her and the actor; and his agent, of course, who had to be their intermediary, but he didn't count.

The flight was very tranquil; they landed, retrieved their luggage and then went to the car park where Nives had left her car.

The journey to 'piazzale' Roma in Venice lasted 20 minutes; here they left Lorraine, whom her mother and two friends were awaiting there, and then Nives and Flavia headed toward their hometown, where they arrived in about one hour. At Flavia's, they emptied quickly Nives' suitcase of the blondie's possessions and then parted; finally, Nives returned at her place.

It was only after she had a shower and went to bed that, at last, she let go and cried, shedding the tears she was holding back for almost 24 hours.

'Farewell, Richard... '

Tuesday, September 9th, 2014

At her office, Nives scanned the autograph Richard gave her on a white sheet, with the inscription for her friends of the Facebook group, copying it on a pendrive. In the evening, she logged in and posted it in the group, receiving lots of enthusiastic thanks from her sister fangirls, as they funnily called themselves.

Then she saw a private message arriving and checked it.

'So, how was your London adventure??'

The question came from her Facebook friend with the evocative name of Hathor Eagle, real name Beatrice, a young woman from Pordenone; they met on an Italian website where they both published their fan fictions. Beatrice fangirled for Lee Pace as much as Nives for Richard Armitage; they immediately connected closely and, even if they didn't met yet, they had begun soon enough to exchange secrets and confidences like true friends, because each one understood perfectly the other one's sentiments.