Chapter IX: Saturday, September 20th, 2014

The following morning, Nives heard a knock on the door while she was still dressing.

"'Chi è?'", she asked in Italian, unsure if it was Richard or not, because the day before she had waited for him in the hall to go and have breakfast together.

"It's me", she heard the actor's unmistakeable voice.

"One minute!", she cried then, hurrying up to finish dressing. She ran to the bathroom and brushed quickly her hair, and finally went to open the door.

"Good morning", Richard told her, grabbing her by the shoulders and pulling her to his chest. He bent and kissed her with the same ardour as the night before. Happily surprised, Nives initially supported herself on his arms, and then she wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her body to his.

"Well?", the English man murmured against her lips. Her eyes still closed, Nives murmured back:

"What?"

"Do you begin to believe it, that it isn't a dream?"

He remembered exactly what she had told him, she noticed, thrilled.

"Um, I still don't know..."

"Hey, this way you risk me kissing you all day long", he threatened her jokingly. Nives brushed her lips against his.

"I'd like you to do it... but at 10 o'clock we have the guided tour at the Clocktower."

"We could skip breakfast..."

"Interesting idea..."

They continued exchanging kisses for some minutes, then the noise of a door opening induced them to divide. A guest of the hotel appeared at the end of the corridor, from the opposite side, but didn't heed them whilst he headed hastily to the stairs.

"Better go down to breakfast", suggested Nives, "Give me two minutes to put on my makeup."

She left the door open, allowing him to decide freely whether to come in or not. He entered, just beyond the threshold to avoid the risk of inappropriate behaviours, and looked at her through the bathroom door.

"I always found very sexy looking at a woman putting on her makeup", he confided her, a little provocatively.

"Really?", she said, refusing to take the hint, "I find very sexy a man shaving with a straight razor", she raised the bid.

"Oh!", he cried, thrown off guard for a moment, "I think I'll get one, then...", he concluded grinning in a naughty way.

Nives felt hot, thinking of Richard while shaving, because it implied an intimacy degree, which she wished for with all her heart.

"Done", she announced, exiting the bathroom and turning off the light. As usual, she put on only eyeliner pencil and mascara: luckily, she had a beautiful complexion that didn't need any foundation cream, while she preferred to use lipstick only for the office hours or for other occasions.