25: Peach

I spread my arms out wide across my bed with a huge smile. Even though today was going to be a dud, I was just so happy. Ashton, my muffin, made me so happy. I sat up and searched around the empty house before setting up my laptop and starting my class. After the day went by, I sat and played GTA just before the boys came home. When they did, Michael joined me. Calum went to take a nap, Luke ordered food, and Ashton sat next to me, his hand slightly brushing my thigh. Lasagna was on the menu for the night and they devoured most of it in less than an hour. The boys were tired so they decided to go to bed early.

As they were on their way up, Ashton whispered in my ear, "My room tonight." I smiled and entered my room, changing into my pyjamas. I locked my door and went out to my balcony where muffin was waiting for me. He helped me over to his side and then led me to the bed. It was much cleaner than before and looked almost the same as mine. I sat in his bed and he took a minute in the bathroom. I heard the water running and him brushing his teeth before he came back out and sat next to me.

"So, what should we do tomorrow, Peach," he said, grabbing my hand.

"Is that what you're going to call me," I asked, my smile crooked.

"Yes, Peach," he smirked. "You like it right?"

"Yes. Peach and Muffin is perfect."

"Michael and I are off tomorrow. It's recording time so Luke and Cal have to go in first."

"Ooh. Can I hear anything?"

"No. It's a surprise," he paused for a second before adding, "for you."

"For me?"

"Yeah," he smiled and I leaned into him. "So what are the three of us going to do tomorrow?"

"Let's make peach muffins!"

He laughed and then said, "That sounds like an amazing thing to do. Then I'll take you on a date. Does that sound good?"

"No. You have to ask me properly."

"Okay," he chuckled and then turned to me before continuing. "Payson Clifford, will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?"

"Yes. But how are you going to pull that off without Michael knowing?"

"Oh, trust me. I have ways that will help us and so many other people at the same time."

"Really? Well, I'm holding you to that so it better be good."

"Oh, it will."

"Well then, I can't wait," I said and lay against his chest. The night went on peacefully but I did have to leave at five in the morning so no one would know. Usually Ashton leaves my room but it was so hard for me to leave him now. When the two boys woke up, I immediately joined them in the kitchen.

"So, what are we going to do today, little cuz?"

"First of all, I'm older than you and, second, we need to go to the supermarket. I wanna make peach muffins."

"What makes you wanna make that," Michael asked.

"Saw it on the internet yesterday and now I'm having a craving."

"Sounds like a yummy plan to me," Ashton joined in, touching a gentle hand to my arm.

"Then I guess we better be headed out," Michael said and Ashton grabbed the car keys on the way out. We drove to the closest supermarket we could find and went inside to buy all the ingredients and more cereal because we were out. I've only had one bowl of cereal since I arrived and they could run out in less than a week. We went home and baked the muffins, getting flour everywhere. I put Michael in charge of cutting the peaches since I insisted in buying fresh ones. Ashton and I were making the batter. The flour and sugar got spread in an eddy of fun and excitement. By the time we were both breathless from chasing each other, the floor and we were both covered in white. We collapsed on the couch, my in his lap, and Michael came over to us smiling.