six

IMPORTANT NOTE: i edited a few chapters and added smol thoughts from edmund abt emma's actions, s'not necessary for y'all to re-read them again (unless u want to i guess) but please do reread the part in the first chapter when edmund's thinking of "what a new narnian might be like",, it'd help w the plot

______________________________________

THE MERE SIGHT of Edmund picking daisies from the fields was enough to surprise Susan and Lucy, if anything.

     Peter and Caspian were inside, arguing, probably about something stupid, and probably won't find an end if not for time. Susan and Lucy decided to leave them and take some fresh air to calm themselves. Last night was brutal.

     They approached Edmund and were curious on what the flowers were for.

     "Is there to be a funeral? For those we lost in the first attack?" Susan asked, wondering why the news hasn't reached her yet, not even after she had spent most of her morning comforting the families and friends on those they've lost the night before.

     "I think so, but not today," Edmund replied. "I think one of the centaurs said it's to be held after we've won the war."

     Susan and Lucy looked at each other. "Then what are those for?" Lucy asked.

     Edmund glanced at the daisies he held and had a sort of realisation that his picking and talking to his sisters occurred at the same moment. "Oh, these are for Emma."

     He supposed they would cheer her up, hopefully if she wasn't allergic to them. Emma was strange, and Edmund wasn't sure if picking these would delight her or repulse her. Her opinions were always unexpected, but he liked her either way and was willing to deal with it for her case. He'd probably do anything for her case, it seems.

     "Oh? Who's she?" Lucy asked, waking Edmund from a trance.

     "She's . . . wonderful, if anything."

     Lucy and Susan narrowed their eyes and crossed their arms. This information did not help anything.

     "I met her the day we went back. She's been living on her own, apparently. She's one of the older Narnians, but I've seen her even during our reign before we went back to Professor Diggory's closet—she has lots of brilliant ideas for ruling, they'd help, I think. She's kind of moody, too, but that's alright. She's also really fascinated in technology and the evolution of it, you know? She's so impressed at the idea of mechanical cars. Can you believe that, Susan? Cars. She's so lovely. She can also sword fight as well as our best knights, did you know?"—They didn't, as this was their first time hearing her name. Edmund continues—"But she can't throw to a target to save her life. Oh, and she swims at night. In the cold. How hard core is that? She's amazing."

     Neither Susan nor Lucy could think of ideas on what to do with this information. Edmund had supplied them with facts from which the only thing they could conclude was his infatuation with her, but not who she was.

     "What does she look like?" Susan asked gently. "I don't think I recall seeing her."

     "Oh, she has red hair," he supplied.

     "Huh," Lucy replied, before smiling brightly. "It's good you've met someone, though, Ed."

     "Thanks, Lu." He smiled, fond of the thought.

     "You should take her to meet us some time," Susan added. "Are you seeing her after this?"

     "Yeah, though she often runs into me. Usually just as I'm thinking of her."