TWELVE. THE ANGEL & THE SPIDER

Weeks later, when December was coming to a close, Nora had the pleasure of acquainting herself with the masked web slinger known as Spider-Man

Two nights before New Years Eve, Nora had decided that taking up the mantle of a superhero was a good idea. She had spent the few weeks after the Ben Parker incident donning the gold and white suit and helping as many people as she could. In New York, a lot of people seemed to be the victim of a mugging or attempted homicide. Every time someone was injured or in need of healing, Nora was there to use her powers the only way she knew how. Thankfully, there was never a time where she needed to use the negative aspect of her powers, her "dark side" powers according to her brother, although she knew it was only a matter of time. One night it might come to the point where she would have to use them to protect herself, not everyone might be so welcoming.

So, she sat atop the edge of a roof of some apartment block, munching on some gummy worms she had bought after she came home from studying at Ned's apartment, smiling contently as her feet dangled on the edge. Tonight, despite Christmas time being prime time for desperate souls to commit crimes, it was quite uneventful. She was perfectly fine with wasting a night just sitting where she was, watching the city teem with life before her. As she felt the sharp sourness of the gummy hit her tongue, her eyes wandered to New York's skyline. Perhaps she might meet the man, the myth, the legend, Spider-Man himself as he went through his nightly routine of keeping his city safe. Perhaps he would—

Her thoughts were cut off by the sound of something slamming against trash cans, followed by a curse. "Shit," someone wheezed, "ow, ow."

Nora sat up straighter, putting the candy back in the bag. The person must've been in the alley below her, but she hadn't seen where they ended up. "Hello?"

Glass shattered, and another groan. "Hello?" they parroted as they popped up from the dumpster across the alley. Nora had to stifle a giggle as the mask gave them away.

The man, the myth, the legend, Spider-Man himself, had fallen into a dumpster.

"You okay?" she asked, raising a brow.

He hopped out of the trash, mask askew on his face as he brushed all the food refuse off his suit. The lens like eyes emulated a wince as his feet found the tarmac. "Aargh!" he clutched his side. "I don't think so."

Nora noticed his arm clutching his chest, most likely a rib or two was broken. "Want some help?"

Spider-Man grunted, free hand on his hip. "Why, do you have medicine?"

She paused. "Something like that." despite the mask, she could tell he was skeptical, so she elaborated. "And I know that sounds like I'm dealing drugs, but I promise I'm not." she held up three fingers. "Scouts honour."

He let out a pained face, obviously in serious pain. "Okay, yeah."

Nora nodded, starting to put her food away. Without looking down, she called to him. "Hey, your ribs look pretty broken, so I can come down if you wa—" she was interrupted by her own scream when she looked up to see him sitting right next to her. Breathing heavily, she shot him a glare. "So, it's true, you have webs."