THREE. LITTLE NIGHTMARES

Mr

Mr. Tully's biology class arrived at Oscorp at around midday. The bus parked in the back, where there were already two tour guides waiting for the class. They stood rigidly still, watching them intently as the students got out of the bus, fixing their blazers and backpacks. Some had camera's or phones in their hands, some were chatting excitedly while others looked plain bored. The older of the two tour guides, a middle aged women with greying platinum blonde hair, stepped forward. "Welcome, everyone! We here at Oscorp are glad to take you on this tour today. I'm Cathy, I'm head of Social department so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything."

Their biology teacher emerged from the group, addressing his students. "Alright, everyone pair up with the person you sat beside on the bus. That's who you'll be touring the facility with." a few people groaned, obviously annoyed they had to share long hours with someone they didn't know. Nora smirked at Cindy who just nudged her shoulder with a grin. Behind them, Peter gave Ned a small fist bump, Ned grinning at the prospect. They had had the right idea. "The class will be divided into two groups. One group will come with me and Cathy to visit the animal exhibit while the other will go with Jennifer over here." the other tour guide nodded at them politely, a short girl with black hair slicked back in a bun.

And so the class was divided into the subsequent groups. Nora and Cindy were to go with Mr. Tully's group. Nora played with the phone in her hands, pulling up the camera as they walked into the building. Rafe had hounded her to take good enough pictures so he could see the exhibit. She wasn't sure if they would be great photos, unlike Cindy who had brought her professional grade camera for the occasion. J. Jonah Jameson, the man in charge of the Daily Bugle had tasked her to take photos for the newspaper. Her camera was the envy of everyone there. Yes, iPhone's may be good, but nothing could be compared to a Nikon.

They entered the facility, already full of scientists huddled around experiments and demonstrations. Animals walked around in small enclosures, stark white walls stopping them from escaping. They were placed on metal columns, which were protected by cylindrical glass casing. Little podiums stood at the side, an electronic interface placed on it with the information about each experiment. Nora, along with her phone, had a notepad in hand, ready to take notes on anything she felt was important.

"Okay, so here we are. You are one of the first people outside of Oscorp employees to see our new genetics lab." Cathy said, leading the excited group of teens further into the lab. "Now, can anyone guess what we might be doing here in this lab."

Someone's hand shot up, Nora knew them as one of Flash's friends. "Splicing the DNA of animals into others. Creating hybrids."

Cathy thought about it for a few moments. "Not exactly, but the concept is more or less the same." They deflated and Nora couldn't help but smirk. Despite her kind nature, sometimes it was nice to see people with big egos take a hit. "Anyone?"

Another hand must have gone up because Cathy's eyes lifted a bit in acknowledgement of their contribution. "Using the DNA of certain animals to benefit others. Like using starfish DNA to help a mouse with three legs to grow a fourth."